The best Forum Software?

    Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
  • #1
1. Wix
2. Vanilla
3. phpBB
4. MyBB
5. Bulletin.
These are the best forum software.

Well there's no truly definitive list out there because 'best' is subjective based on needs. For me and my needs I prefer XenForo, but if it's a small project with lightweight needs I'll go with MyBB, Flarum or Vanilla's open source version. It's a question of project scope and needs, different people have different needs for their projects, so different software works better for them and so there is no conclusive best forum software list.

We've also had a few of these discussions in the past, so you can see other lists from other people here:

Hope this helps :-)

  • Like
Reactions:Nabix
Nabix

Nabix

Location
127.0.01
Wixs' forum 'addition' looks good... to bad its on Wix lol

Alexander

Alexander

There are no factual lists because the word "favorite" or "best" is based on needs and personal preferences. But nonetheless, my favorite forum software would have to be XenForo. Even though the add-ons are expensive to upgrade & maintain, the general user interface is breathtaking & modern.

Paladin

Paladin

Location
Cyberspace
Website
chatbanter.com
Huh, I didn't even realize Wix had an add-on that allowed you to create a forum.
Nevertheless, I still stick with my top choice of xenForo (paid) and myBB (free), but I've experimented with FlaskBB, Discourse, NodeBB, Flarum, and a metric boatload of other forum software, and they're still very good picks.

Real hero hidden in the darkness
I have never heard of Wix software until now.
To be honest, I googled it and it's a website builder. May be I got the wrong link.

Well, anyway, among paid forum software, I will go with Xenforo. If it's free forum software, then I will go with MyBB. I like the look of Xenforo a lot but it's a bit expensive. Not as expensive as IPB or vB though.