What kind of paid forum software do you like?

I like XenForo, but probably cause I'm just accustomed to it. As with free forum software, I can't see one as being better than other. However, though, it is true I have seen highly negative things about Vbulliten, but I'm not sure if it's the software or bad administrators. Well, I remember seeing this one forum with disjointed graphics and another, oddly enough ran by fairly smart math people, overrun with spam all the time.

Popular Paid Forum Companies

  • VBulliten
  • XenForo
  • Invision Power Board
  • Wolt Lab

Who can name more?

Last edited:
XenForo is the best of the current batch, IMO, but vBulletin used to be the golden standard, before they sold out to Internet Brands. Plush Forums looks like a solid option, though I've never used it so I'm not sure what standard it's at. XenForo is it for me, at this point in time.

I would have to agree about Xenforo and then IPB is probably 2nd best but a lot more expensive. For free forums I would say Mybb and Jcink are the best free forum software.
Jcink is ok, but their software is woefully dated, I'm shocked they can still run that version, even modified. I'd worry about long-term stability.

I love using XenForo. I love the modern design & features the board software has to offer. It comes with a price, and add-ons are expensive to maintain, especially after upgrading the forum. I've been using XenForo for a few months now, and it's been working like a charm for me so far.

I will always go with Xenforo as I like the look of Xenforo a lot.
That's the reason I opted for Musk theme in MyBB which looks like Xenforo a lot. Anyway, it's not as expensive as IPB and other paid forum software. The same goes to renewal costs as well.
There are many plugins too and we can select anything based on our requirement.

Back
Top