Buying second hand clothes

Buying secondhand or used clothes but disinfected and clean are great cost cut savings on the part of the buyers. There are used clothings which are good and elegant to wear and could be comparable to the new ones.

Most of our clothes we wear are bought from the Ukay ukay ambulant vendors during Saturday which is our market day. And also our slippers and shoes are purchased from the said secondhand clothes vendors. We don't need to go to the big Malls to buy beautiful dresses, pants, shorts, among others.

The secondhand clothes are cheaper. Its prices are within the affordability of the pocket of ordinary people.

I have no problems with second-hand clothes, especially when it comes to my young children, who wear out clothes very quickly. And, like @Nocturnal Thinker said, as long as they are properly cleaned there's no issue.
You are right for that. Our grandchildren are growing fast. Their clothes don't fit them anymore. As grandparents we have to provide them a new ones which fit them. We love to see them comfortable though they've their own parents to take care of them.

And their old clothes we donate them to the Church to be given to the poor and needy members and we're so glad that they're very willing to give and to share them to the members.

Gift-giving is a traditional gesture of the Church for the those members. A generous way of sharing to them the extra clothes or wearable ones for them to clothe themselves.

The selling of used clothes here is called Ukay-Ukay which is a connotation of digging into a pile. I can't remember when it became popular in our country but for sure it was more than 10 years ago that started in Baguio City, a tourist capital here. Now there is Ukay-ukay in almost all cities. I have read that the used clothes, footwear and accessories plus household items are from abroad (I will not mention the countries) and they are for charity which means the importer pays only for the freight and not for the goods.

When I was a kid, I used to wear clothes passed on by elder siblings. I still do that. I do not see any problems with using my cousins' and siblings' clothes. However, I do not wear clothes that are from distant relatives or strangers. I believe in living frugal, but I would never consider buying second-hand clothes.

When I was a kid, I used to wear clothes passed on by elder siblings. I still do that. I do not see any problems with using my cousins' and siblings' clothes. However, I do not wear clothes that are from distant relatives or strangers. I believe in living frugal, but I would never consider buying second-hand clothes.
You have the reason to do that by not buying a used clothes coming from other people. But actually those used clothes for sale are being treated with antibacterial solution.

Every Saturday which is our market day, ukay ukay or used clothes are sold They're very cheap. Many people especially those poor are buying.

Back
Top