Welcome To Our Community!

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Buying second hand clothes

Thread Owner : Mildredtabitha
M

Mildredtabitha

Valued Member
Jul 29, 2020
CB$
Hey guys I know second hand clothes sound weird but I do wear them.
Does anyoñe wear them to and how do you choose one that fits you.

Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker

Valued Member
Sep 15, 2020
CB$
Buying secondhand or used clothes but disinfected and clean are great cost cut savings on the part of the buyers. There are used clothings which are good and elegant to wear and could be comparable to the new ones.

Most of our clothes we wear are bought from the Ukay ukay ambulant vendors during Saturday which is our market day. And also our slippers and shoes are purchased from the said secondhand clothes vendors. We don't need to go to the big Malls to buy beautiful dresses, pants, shorts, among others.

The secondhand clothes are cheaper. Its prices are within the affordability of the pocket of ordinary people.

Reactions:preacherbob and Mildredtabitha
ewpratt

ewpratt

Valued Member
Sep 18, 2020
CB$
I have no problems with second-hand clothes, especially when it comes to my young children, who wear out clothes very quickly. And, like @Nocturnal Thinker said, as long as they are properly cleaned there's no issue.

Reactions:Nocturnal Thinker
Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker

Valued Member
Sep 15, 2020
CB$
I have no problems with second-hand clothes, especially when it comes to my young children, who wear out clothes very quickly. And, like @Nocturnal Thinker said, as long as they are properly cleaned there's no issue.
You are right for that. Our grandchildren are growing fast. Their clothes don't fit them anymore. As grandparents we have to provide them a new ones which fit them. We love to see them comfortable though they've their own parents to take care of them.

And their old clothes we donate them to the Church to be given to the poor and needy members and we're so glad that they're very willing to give and to share them to the members.

Gift-giving is a traditional gesture of the Church for the those members. A generous way of sharing to them the extra clothes or wearable ones for them to clothe themselves.

Reactions:preacherbob
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
The selling of used clothes here is called Ukay-Ukay which is a connotation of digging into a pile. I can't remember when it became popular in our country but for sure it was more than 10 years ago that started in Baguio City, a tourist capital here. Now there is Ukay-ukay in almost all cities. I have read that the used clothes, footwear and accessories plus household items are from abroad (I will not mention the countries) and they are for charity which means the importer pays only for the freight and not for the goods.

LEADTECH

LEADTECH

Valued Member
Aug 11, 2020
CB$
I always buy and used second hand clothes. Just make sure it was washed properly before you use it.

S

sliara

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2020
CB$
I do buy used clothes, they're quite cheap and it serves it's purpose. I only bought them online though, I haven't bought second hand clothes in person. I wouldn't advise people to buy online though, it really needs to be fitted in person to avoid buying ill-fitting clothes.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
Where I live there are no such stores or places that sell second hand so I have never ever bought and used such clothes. However growing up , I did wear hand me downs from my elder sister often.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
When I was a kid, I used to wear clothes passed on by elder siblings. I still do that. I do not see any problems with using my cousins' and siblings' clothes. However, I do not wear clothes that are from distant relatives or strangers. I believe in living frugal, but I would never consider buying second-hand clothes.

Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker

Valued Member
Sep 15, 2020
CB$
When I was a kid, I used to wear clothes passed on by elder siblings. I still do that. I do not see any problems with using my cousins' and siblings' clothes. However, I do not wear clothes that are from distant relatives or strangers. I believe in living frugal, but I would never consider buying second-hand clothes.
You have the reason to do that by not buying a used clothes coming from other people. But actually those used clothes for sale are being treated with antibacterial solution.

Every Saturday which is our market day, ukay ukay or used clothes are sold They're very cheap. Many people especially those poor are buying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.