Reincarnation - Do we live more than once?

I used to, but now not anymore since it seems fake when I researched more on the topic. Why would the Lord want some scheme that complicates things anyway? One person having many identities is very confusing.
Its not fake but not so completely believable either simply because it cannot be proven in a tangible or visible manner. But that does not mean that this does not happen. It is more about what you choose to believe. However, there are so many examples that simply defy any explanation. eg. a musically gifted child born in a family of music deaf people, where did he acquire that gift from? It simply cannot have just come to him, he may have practiced and learned music in his previous lives that he was born with such enormous talent in this life. There are so many examples that exist but we choose them to be no more than simple coincidence.

The story of a little Scottish boy who remembered his past life in detail is the one that really convinced me that he had lived before. Most of what he remembered (not all) was so accurate.

Many years ago, Edgar Cayce, who was called “The Sleeping Prophet”, was able to go into a sleep trance, and then he could access information about someone who was having a physical ailment, and tell them what they needed to do to stop it and be well again. Eventually, he was even able to do this when the sick person was nowhere near him, and it was not that he could read the person’s mind, but that he was apparently in contact from some kind of entity that could tell him what the sick person needed to do to get well.
Might these have been spirits waiting to be reincarnated ?

Edgar Cayce was a strong Christian, and he believed in reincarnation, and had Bible verses that he said pointed to reincarnation being real. I don’t know whether I believe it or not, but there are definitely some unexplainable things with people remembering a previous life; so I am open to learning more about it.

I remember reading a book called “The Search For Bridey Murphy”, and it was about a woman who remembered an earlier life, and she had a lot of details about where she lived and things that she did, and they were all things that she would not have had any actual way of knowing about.

[...]

I found your post very interesting and intend to look up "The Search for Bridey Murphy". I'm fascinated by what I see as small glimpses of life outside the world we live in now.

My mother said that reincarnation is for real because her father is a member of a spiritist group - they are communicating with the spirits via a medium. There were many stories that I have heard about reincarnation because that was the usual topic when talks would veer to communicating with spirit. My grandfather died when I was in grade school so my mother was my main source of those stories.

[...]

So fascinating and interesting. There have been many such known healers in India who have healed others through exactly such concept. There are indeed many things and events that no one could ever explain. Saints have been know to appear before their disciples when in truth, they were known to have been living in faraway places, and people in those places vouched that the Saint never even left that place even for a minute. How could such things happen?

I never knew that Christians believed in reincarnation. The Search for Bridey Murphy sounds interesting, I will look it up. You might also find 'Many Masters Many Lives' by Brian Weiss interesting. Weiss recounts the story of a young woman who has several fears and phobias and finds it very difficult to lead a normal, healthy life. He takes her into past life regression therapy where she is able to remember several of her previous lives. It is very interesting and intriguing book.

Back
Top