Reincarnation - Do we live more than once?

    Thread Owner : sprite1950
  • #1

I've always been fascinated with this subject. I have read about children who remember past lives when they are very young only to forget them later. One child could remember in detail events of his past life and was taken back to the place he said he once lived. When researched many of his memories were correct. Do you think we live more than once?

  • Like
Reactions:Tumbleweed and nangk08

Yes, I believe in reincarnation even that is from another religion. Reincarnation gives me hope that there is life after the physical death. It is painful to the mind to think that we are gone when we die that we cease to exist. It is better to hope for another rebirth in this same physical world. Religion is really the opium of the masses because all religions have their claims and promises but sadly... no concrete proof.

  • Like
Reactions:sprite1950

Yes we live more than once. We live as many lives as we are required to before we are free form all our debts and dues and once those are all paid, we pass on freely and are liberated from the cycle of life and death.

  • Like
Reactions:sprite1950

May I add in this discussion the Tibetan lama, they are monks of a Buddhist sect. They believe that their head called the Dalai Lama is the reincarnation of the previous Dalai Lama. The present Dalai Lama is the 25th reincarnation. When a Dalai Lama dies the monks would be waiting for a baby boy to be born. They would search the vicinity of Tibet and test the baby. It takes a long testing procedure before they proclaim that the baby is the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama.

  • Like
Reactions:sprite1950 and nangk08

I am a Hindu. In Hinduism there is a belief of reincarnation. According to Hindusim, when someone dies, it is the body that dies, the soul does not diet. The soul roams until it finds a body to be reborn again. This soul will continue to take rebirth until it is liberated through good deeds. This thought is also the basis of Karma philosophy that is also much talked in Buddhism. Karma follows you in every successive birth.

  • Like
Reactions:sprite1950, Alexandoy and nangk08

I am a Hindu. In Hinduism there is a belief of reincarnation. According to Hindusim, when someone dies, it is the body that dies, the soul does not diet. The soul roams until it finds a body to be reborn again. This soul will continue to take rebirth until it is liberated through good deeds. This thought is also the basis of Karma philosophy that is also much talked in Buddhism. Karma follows you in every successive birth.
I am a Hindu too and totally believe in the concept of reincarnation. There is simply no liberation without paying all our dues and debts and paying for our wrongs. In each birth, as we keep committing good deeds without expecting any returns or payment for them, our dues and debts keep diminishing. Also, it is noteworthy that karma pays us back in kind. If we have committed a grave sin such as causing an injury to others, in the next birth, we suffer the same fate.

  • Like
Reactions:sprite1950

@luri thank you for sharing your knowledge on reincarnation. I remember reading a book written by an Englishman who claims that he knew his previous life in the name of Tuesday Lobsang Rampa. His book deals extensively in the lama or Tibet. My understanding is that the lamas know their previous identity because of their 3rd eye.

I am a Hindu too and totally believe in the concept of reincarnation. There is simply no liberation without paying all our dues and debts and paying for our wrongs. In each birth, as we keep committing good deeds without expecting any returns or payment for them, our dues and debts keep diminishing. Also, it is noteworthy that karma pays us back in kind. If we have committed a grave sin such as causing an injury to others, in the next birth, we suffer the same fate.
In Hinduism there are different kind of ideas that try to analyze what happens to dead. The rebirth concept follows karma principle. However, purans talk differently about the dead. According to the Purans when a person dies, his actions will be judged by Yama and will be sent to hell if he had committed wrongs ans will be sent to heaven if he committed the rights.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08
    Thread Owner : sprite1950
  • #9

I've always had this theory that if someone has life taken away from them too early as in a child being in an accident or seriously ill, they are sent back, given another chance as it were. Children who remember past lives often talk about "when I died" and refer to their other parents as if they are remembering life during childhood.

  • Like
Reactions:Tumbleweed and nangk08

I used to, but now not anymore since it seems fake when I researched more on the topic. Why would the Lord want some scheme that complicates things anyway? One person having many identities is very confusing.