Bus Driver Brain Dead After Enforcing Mask Mandate Against Five Passengers

    Thread Owner : PGen98
  • #1

A bus driver in France has been left brain dead after refusing to allow five passengers onto his bus without masks. The five then beat the bus driver for refusing them service and he is left in critical condition. It is reported that the five also did not have tickets for the bus they were attempting to board.

In protest to the attack on their colleague, bus service in the southwest of France was interrupted when numerous bus drivers refused to work in protest to the attack on their colleague. They believe the company and the country have not done enough to protect bus drivers during this unsure and potentially unsafe time.

Source: https://www.newsweek.com/bus-driver...stop-passengers-boarding-without-mask-1515712

Things are getting uptight with this covid stuff. Like I was at an amusement park and they had some employee walking around demanding people put masks on. I'm sure that led to confrontations sometimes.

    Thread Owner : PGen98
  • #3

It's a hot-button issue, for sure. At the end of the day, though, it's worth it to cover your face and at least try to help stop it spreading. Whether you're in the 'this isn't a real thing' camp or the 'I'm not wearing this, it's trampling my rights' camp, or whatever else, a simple face mask is not a huge thing to ask. Are they comfortable? Not really, no, but it's one of those things that you just suck it up and get on with it. Arguing and making a scene over a face mask is a bit ludicrous.

Also, as a follow-up to this story, the bus driver has now officially died from his injuries and four of those arrested will be charged with his murder. Hope it was worth it for those idiots to throw a fit over a mask.

  • Like
Reactions:Brad P

I figure they would have some oxygen thing people can buy to put under the mask. Also, there are plastic shields you can use, rather than masks.

    Thread Owner : PGen98
  • #5

That's absolutely true, and people should be making use of those if they're not comfortable wearing a mask. A lot of places were 3D printing them to donate to hospitals and communities that need them, and companies like Bauer who usually make hockey gear turned their factory into a shield production facility during this time, so there is absolutely no reason you can't find those plastic shields if you want that instead of or as well as a mask. Options are definitely there!