Jump to content

Making your own soap!

nangk08
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Valued Member

I know a few ladies who make their own soap by watching the process on youtube. I haven't tried it myself yet but would like to give it a try. This could be economical as compared to buying from shop and also there would be less use of chemicals. What do you feel? Would you like to do the same?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Valued Member

I had enrolled in a soap-making workshop before but unfortunately the workshop was cancelled due to the tight scheduling of the organization. I had wanted to make my own soap because my skin is sensitive. I get rashes with Safeguard and some other soap with strong chemicals. My idea of a mild soap is something herbal with the use of coconut oil and just a simple flavoring for the scent.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Valued Member

Soap making is an ideal for the people to learn as one of the sources of livelihood and there is a government agency that is conducting a series of workshops on this livelihood skill.

I remember our Church has invited a resource person to lecture and conduct a 3-day workshop on soap making. All the youth members are required to attend. The Church has shouldered all the materials to be used for soap making.

The youths were group and had come up with their own soap and they give a brand based on the name of their group. They enjoyed and acquired the skill.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest ZandraJoi

While I make my own products, soap is not one of them. I just use Castile & have had great success with it being great for the body, hair, washing dishes, laundry. The process, to me, for making soap is too extensive. But I know of people who enjoy making them 'cos they can customize the fragrances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Valued Member

While I make my own products, soap is not one of them. I just use Castile & have had great success with it being great for the body, hair, washing dishes, laundry. The process, to me, for making soap is too extensive. But I know of people who enjoy making them 'cos they can customize the fragrances.

So what exactly are the things that you make yourself? Do share and I would also like to see some photos. I really like making stuff but have not made anything recently for the lack of inspiration. So I could really do with some inspiration from what you are doing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Guest ZandraJoi

So what exactly are the things that you make yourself? Do share and I would also like to see some photos. I really like making stuff but have not made anything recently for the lack of inspiration. So I could really do with some inspiration from what you are doing!

I make lotion balms, lipglosses, toothpaste, laundry soap, colloidal silver, those are off the top of my head lol. I don't do pics tho, sorry :) My inspiration is the fact I don't like most store-bought items & I like controlling what I put in & on my body. Try to make it fun, not a have-to. I used to make a lot of the first two & gave them away 'cos I enjoyed making them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Valued Member

I make lotion balms, lipglosses, toothpaste, laundry soap, colloidal silver, those are off the top of my head lol. I don't do pics tho, sorry :) My inspiration is the fact I don't like most store-bought items & I like controlling what I put in & on my body. Try to make it fun, not a have-to. I used to make a lot of the first two & gave them away 'cos I enjoyed making them!

That is indeed so nice and inspiring. I also like the idea of controlling the stuff that we use on our body, but I find that most of things that are required to do so are quite expensive. But it does seem like and a fun activity and the cost would be worth it. I would really do that at some point though. Sorry about the pictures not being there! :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

Create an account