Jump to content

WELCOME TO CHAT BANTER: GREAT FRIENDS, GREAT CHAT

We hope you are enjoying our site, we have made a few new changes to the site to make it more user friendly plus we have added a few features to the site for your enjoyment, we have added a new section to the site called links directory a place where you can promote your site for free.

Promote Your Site Today For Free

CHATBANTER BLACKJACK TABLES

We hope you are enjoying our site,if you are a blackjack fan give a try today!.

Hit our blackjack tables !

CHATBANTER QUIZ TABLES

Need to get that brain of yours working? head on over and take a quiz. We will be adding new ones daily.

Try you hand at our Quiz Tables !

Web Hosting Services

Jay
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Community Leader

Many of you are hosting you're own sites.

Who do you use? and Why

What services to you use? Shared - VPS - Dedicated?

Chat Banter Guidelines | Become a Chat Banter Loyalist! | Enjoying Chat Banter? Consider Going Premium! | We love Feedback, Post yours !

I didn't get here by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.

-Estee Lauder-

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Community Leader

I've bounced around a lot in my time, jumping from a few shared hosts, to a dedicated server with a formerly big name host that's gone bust since, to a few smaller hosts and now I'm with probably the best host I've ever been with, Big Scoots. I use their VPS services and they are just phenomenal! Quick response times on tickets, flexible with their services and totally willing to talk through just about any problem or situation you can think of. No issues with the network dropping on me randomly, either!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Community Leader

I have done the same thing when i got into hosting around 2004 ish, many of them the support just sucked so about four years ago i went with knownhost and been there since.

Best support i have ever had, my tickets are answered within minutes when i do need something.

  • Like 1

Chat Banter Guidelines | Become a Chat Banter Loyalist! | Enjoying Chat Banter? Consider Going Premium! | We love Feedback, Post yours !

I didn't get here by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.

-Estee Lauder-

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Community Leader

I have done the same thing when i got into hosting around 2004 ish, many of them the support just sucked so about four years ago i went with knownhost and been there since.

Best support i have ever had, my tickets are answered within minutes when i do need something.

I have heard a lot of great things about knownhost, so it's good to hear from someone who uses them that it's actually true. I'm pretty sold on BigScoots right now, but if ever there comes a time when I'm on the hunt again, I'll definitely give them a look! Likewise, if you ever find yourself needing a different host, I'd strongly suggest giving BigScoots a look, I really love what they have to offer and their support is better than anything I've experienced elsewhere.

Those smaller hosts, they try hard to be something legitimate, but they just can't handle it. Whether they turn out to be resellers or someone who just got in over their head and can't handle the business they're getting, they all end up falling apart and it's a nightmare scenario because you've got to get them to ensure you can grab a backup of everything and then move away from them to keep yourself safe from the inevitable collapse. It's such a harsh industry, it really is. Glad I stopped using them altogether!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Community Leader

Like i said i have not had one issue with them in four years heck they even have discord now so you can jump on and chat with the tech's but I'm glad you found one that gives the same kind of service as its very hard to find now.

I will jump over there and have a look

  • Like 1

Chat Banter Guidelines | Become a Chat Banter Loyalist! | Enjoying Chat Banter? Consider Going Premium! | We love Feedback, Post yours !

I didn't get here by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.

-Estee Lauder-

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Community Leader

Just had a look there wow you don't get much space on their VPS racks for the price.

I have to say their prices are really high.

Have a look here and compare

https://www.knownhost.com/managed-vps.html

https://www.knownhost.com/high-frequency-nvme-vps.html

  • Thanks 1

Chat Banter Guidelines | Become a Chat Banter Loyalist! | Enjoying Chat Banter? Consider Going Premium! | We love Feedback, Post yours !

I didn't get here by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.

-Estee Lauder-

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Community Leader

Just had a look there wow you don't get much space on their VPS racks for the price.

I have to say their prices are really high.

Yeah, I just took a peek at their VPS offerings, as well, my price hasn't changed in a good while, but it looks like their prices for new customers have indeed gone up. That's a real shame, because I truly value their support and services, but those prices don't seem competitive in today's market now. Hadn't realized just how much they'd gone up. I'm comparing to what I have and what knownhost offers and knownhost just now is right in line with where prices should be. Definitely a better deal than BigScoots at the moment.

That'll teach me to run my mouth without making sure their prices hadn't gone up first!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment