Jump to content

Vaping

Lord Saru
 Share

Recommended Posts

Vaping is technically no better than smoking and WHO has strictly given a word of caution asking all countries to ban e-cigarettes and all further forms of vaping.

Given that health advisory, vaping is banned in India but we still have people selling them in black market. They say that the flavours are quite exquisite.

Do you vape? What flavour do you like?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't vape and never will. During the 1900's, cigarettes were not considered dangerous or a risk to your health but now there is a scientific proof, we know different. This is the same as vaping, no medical professionals fully understand the long-term health effects vaping can have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Community Leader

I've never taken up smoking, because I never saw a point to it (I grew up with a mother who smoked and always found it offensive), so I likewise never jumped on board the vaping bandwagon. It looks ridiculous, it provides zero benefit, and yet people keep on doing it. They're clearly as addictive as cigarettes are, they seem to be causing many health problems for a substantial group of people, and I flat out just don't see the appeal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The NHS says Vape instead of smoking. Yes, putting stuff into your lungs is never a good thing, but compared to smoking tobacco, vaping is significantly healthier - and it smells better too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest ZandraJoi

I never tried smoking & wouldn't do vaping. I think vaping is worse 'cos they make it sound less toxic & they gear it towards kids with all the flavors.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think vaping is worse....

Hold on just a sec:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH]People who die each year from their own cigarette smoking or exposure to secondhand smoke.[/TH]

[TH]more than 480,000[/TH]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Here in the UK six million people smoke and there’s about 213 deaths per day. Recently two deaths ‘may’ have been linked to vaping.

You think vaping is worse!?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never tried smoking & wouldn't do vaping. I think vaping is worse 'cos they make it sound less toxic & they gear it towards kids with all the flavors.

I agree with you partly. Our vaping industry shouldn't be targeting their ads for children. Instead, they should be supportive of people who are in the process of quitting tobacco smoking. However, vaping has been scientifically proven to be a healthier alternative, and worldwide, the death rate is lower. Just have a read at a handful of articles published from trusted sources:

https://www.nhs.uk/news/heart-and-lungs/long-term-vaping-far-safer-than-smoking-says-landmark-study/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/h48GpcKL8BqrNsx8WjQTJf/are-e-cigarettes-safe

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I love vaping. It's phenomenal. Like I love vaping fruity menthol flavors, especially Dinner-lady Apple Sour Iced. The flavor is amazing plus it's low nicotine not much harmful or I would say not harmful at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Community Leader

I dont vape often but out of the ones i have tested the vanilla ones taste OK.

Chat Banter Guidelines | Become a Chat Banter Loyalist! | Enjoying Chat Banter? Consider Going Premium! | We love Feedback, Post yours !

I didn't get here by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.

-Estee Lauder-

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

It was very trendy to smoke back in the 60s/70s and I remember feeling really ill when I first started but because I wanted to be like my friends I persevered, madness. I gave up 40 years ago when I became pregnant with my first child and have never gone back. There was no vaping then but I wonder if I would have tried it.

People think it is safer but with the start of covid I think it has become far more dangerous as a vaper breathes moisture into his lungs which could become very damaging. I recently found a vape in my 14 year old granddaughter's room which upset me. For a start she is not old enough to buy one so someone had bought it for her. There were a lot of tantrums as she tried to get it back but I think she has now forgotten about it. We shall see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Community Leader

That's how i started smoking back in the day, to fit in you had to puff.........but that was a long time ago ?

Chat Banter Guidelines | Become a Chat Banter Loyalist! | Enjoying Chat Banter? Consider Going Premium! | We love Feedback, Post yours !

I didn't get here by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.

-Estee Lauder-

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment