Jump to content

WELCOME TO CHAT BANTER: GREAT FRIENDS, GREAT CHAT

We hope you are enjoying our site, we have made a few new changes to the site to make it more user friendly plus we have added a few features to the site for your enjoyment, we have added a new section to the site called links directory a place where you can promote your site for free.

Promote Your Site Today For Free

CHATBANTER BLACKJACK TABLES

We hope you are enjoying our site,if you are a blackjack fan give a try today!.

Hit our blackjack tables !

CHATBANTER QUIZ TABLES

Need to get that brain of yours working? head on over and take a quiz. We will be adding new ones daily.

Try you hand at our Quiz Tables !

Is 120 years the maximum life span of humans?

Recommended Posts

I had read in one article that the human body deteriorates as it grows old. The analogy is a picture that you photocopy and then you photocopy the copy. Do that 100 or 1,000 times and you will see that the picture will not be as clear as the original. That is also the genetic condition of the human body that the molecules or cell become weak as we grow old. And the limit is 120 years. I hope science can do something to evade that life span limitation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible even nine hundred years. Look at Methuselah in the Bible. He lives 969 years.

If the condition the earth gets back to its original form 20 centuries ago, why not? Science can't do that but on the way people live, their environments and everything is natural and primitive ways may live man longer and even the longest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Hinduism, human beings have 100 years to live. The popular blessing in Hinduism says may you live for 100 autumns. I had a grams aunt who lived for 106 years. I have nit met anyone who has lived longer than 106 years

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is said that 5000 years ago, when the epics of Ramayan unfolded and later on, Mahabharata, people lived for almost 150 years. They were also bigger in size and much stronger than what we are now. Nowadays, human longevity is easily around 100 years and in certain rare cases even more so. There is one village in Japan, where almost all residents live for more than 100 years. It actually depends on how natural and pure conditions are around you to determine the longevity of life. In India, there are numerous yogic people who practice hard penance, eat only vegetables or fruits, live a severely austere life and yet live for more than 100 years. The more we abuse and indulge our bodies, the less the life span becomes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible even nine hundred years. Look at Methuselah in the Bible. He lives 969 years.

If the condition the earth gets back to its original form 20 centuries ago, why not? Science can't do that but on the way people live, their environments and everything is natural and primitive ways may live man longer and even the longest.

You may be right on that 900 years if you have proof of that other than the account in the Bible. This discussion may sway to religion and I don't think it is a healthy discussion anymore. Anyway, with the age of humans what is assumed is the environment and living conditions now. We cannot compare the olden times with the present time because that would be unfair to the underlying conditions. Right now that maximum 120 years of human life span is just an estimate although it can vary very slightly only.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I think it all depends how well we take care of ourselves but yea we don't live forever here on Earth. Tragedies and accidents happen, illnesses that cuts down on the life expectancy and also family genes have a play in how long we live as well I think.

Here in Canada life expectancy is from 80 to 84 for more people.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only ever met on person in my life who lived to be over 100. Very rare. Atleast here in the states.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked in an old people's home for 12 years and in that time I saw 5 people reach 100 and two of them went well past that age.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t care to live that long anyways personally.

I agree, I can't imagine anyone would have a good quality of life living past 100.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment