Website
fortreeforums.xyz
    Thread Owner : apathy
  • #1
Self-explanatory title, post your specs and pics of your rig ITT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
RAM: x2 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3600MHZ 16-19-20-37 1T
Mobo: MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon
GPU: Sapphire Radeon VII @ 2000MHz/1285MHz 1176mV
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
HDD: Seasonic 7200RPM 4TB
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS Platinum 750w

3iWIkrg.jpg

Brad P

Brad P

Location
The Only Way Is Essex
Website
chatbanter.com
Self-explanatory title, post your specs and pics of your rig ITT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
RAM: x2 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3600MHZ 16-19-20-37 1T
Mobo: MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon
GPU: Sapphire Radeon VII @ 2000MHz/1285MHz 1176mV
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
HDD: Seasonic 7200RPM 4TB
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS Platinum 750w

3iWIkrg.jpg
I don't own a PC jig setup but my god that setup look super sweet!!! How much would something like that cost to do?.

apathy

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
    Thread Owner : apathy
  • #3
Thanks dude, it's my pride and joy for sure :D
I sorta decided I wanted at least one machine in my lifetime that I spared no expense with so this has cost me about €3250 (~$3850). Most of this price went on the waterloop and you could easily build the same machine for a way lower price without it.

Even the waterloop itself could have been done cheaper in fact. Those Bitspower fittings are pricey, i think Barrow or Bykski have identical ones that are just as reliable but cost a good bit less.

Geez, that's one high end machine, amazing specs! Granted, I'm still not entirely sold on AMD GPUs over nVidias (even on Ryzen, though I am contemplating one for my next build, provided the next generation keeps improving). I'm not an RGB fan, but it's hard to avoid them in parts these days, and given how minimal that is, I'd say that's a tasteful implementation. Very nicely done!

I'd post my specs, but my PCs on the older end now, so suffice it to say she's an Intel 3rd gen with moderate specs and GTX 1080TI I threw in as my last resort...looking at building a new one soon-ish and turning this one into a pure NAS device.

apathy

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
    Thread Owner : apathy
  • #5
Cheers dude! You're totally right for being not fully sold on Radeon just yet. It amazes me that to this day they still get plagued with driver issues. On the Windows side of things I had to revert to 2019 drivers because the 2020 ones stopped my RVII from hitting the 1800MHz boost (it would only hit 1700MHz, nevermind an overclock). The earlier drivers though? 2000MHz no problem. (Maybe this is fixed now, don't use Windows much)

The linux side of things isn't much better either. While it is totally true AMD are far friendlier to the linux ecosystem than nvidia, and their in-kernel driver performs really well, every few months there's just something that stops working lol. kernel 5.7.11 i think broke OC/UV capabilities for both Vega AND Navi. That's fixed now in kernel 5.8.1, but this kind of thing pops up allll the time. In November I kept getting sdma/ring timeout errors causing full lockups. I can definitely say I had less stability issues with Nvidia.

RGB is definitely a matter of taste, and I'm delighted to hear I could impress someone who it tends not to appeal to! RGB looks out of place in most rooms but my room is full of UV lamps/posters and glow in the dark stuff so it looks really good in the context of that IMO.

Despite your machine being a few years old, I'd wager it still holds up pretty well. The 1080ti is still a fantastic card, and we're only really starting to see games scale with higher core counts now.

Paladin

Paladin

Location
Cyberspace
Website
chatbanter.com
That PC looks absolutely awesome. Those colors! I love every bit of it.
My PC, before it ran into an accident, had some slightly more midline specs: Ryzen 3, Radeon RX 550, Seagate 2TB Barracuda HDD off the top of my head.

  • Like
Reactions:apathy