Your first programming language?

    Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
  • #1

So, what's your first programming language?

Common, sign up, sign in, and let us know what the first programming language is that you've learned.

Html? Python? Pascall? C++?

I have hesitation in posting a comment here because the reader might not understand. I learned COBOL programming in IBM Philippines. Common Business Oriented Language is the meaning of COBOL. When I was hired by a bank as a trainee I also studied IBM Assembler language with the help of a colleague. For 10 years I was using those 2 languages to work on mainframe computers.

  • Like
Reactions:PGen98

The first languages I learned weren't programming languages, more along the lines of HTML, CSS, XML, PHP and so on. The first actual programming language I studied and learned in college was Java, and indeed my first job in programming was as a Java developer using Java with Spring and Velocity combined with web development using HTML and the Bootstrap framework...

Paladin

Paladin

Cyberspace
chatbanter.com
My first language was Python as part of a middle school Computer Science course. Yes, I actually learned Python before I learned HTML. Interesting, eh?

My first real programming language is Java, which I am currently learning for high school Computer Science.