What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Your first programming language?

Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
Neutral Nova

Neutral Nova

Valued Member
Nov 8, 2020
CB$
So, what's your first programming language?

Common, sign up, sign in, and let us know what the first programming language is that you've learned.

Html? Python? Pascall? C++?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
I have hesitation in posting a comment here because the reader might not understand. I learned COBOL programming in IBM Philippines. Common Business Oriented Language is the meaning of COBOL. When I was hired by a bank as a trainee I also studied IBM Assembler language with the help of a colleague. For 10 years I was using those 2 languages to work on mainframe computers.

Reactions:PGen98
PGen98

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Advocate
Valued Member
Jun 27, 2020
CB$
The first languages I learned weren't programming languages, more along the lines of HTML, CSS, XML, PHP and so on. The first actual programming language I studied and learned in college was Java, and indeed my first job in programming was as a Java developer using Java with Spring and Velocity combined with web development using HTML and the Bootstrap framework...

Paladin

Paladin

Valued Member
Jul 31, 2020
Cyberspace
chatbanter.com
CB$
My first language was Python as part of a middle school Computer Science course. Yes, I actually learned Python before I learned HTML. Interesting, eh?

My first real programming language is Java, which I am currently learning for high school Computer Science.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.