General Your first gaming console?

ARx182

New Chatterer
What was the first gaming console you owned/used? Do you still have it? If so, when was the last time you used it? If not, do you remember what happened to it? Do you wish you still had it? How long ago did you have the console?

My first gaming console was the PS2. I don't have it anymore and I haven't had it for over a decade, but I do wish I still had it today. Nothing beats the good old days of Star Wars (the original Battlefront 2) and Shadow the Hedgehog on the PS2. Take me back! 🥺

Attachments

  • Dr-MF_aX4AUQZ7m.jpg
    Dr-MF_aX4AUQZ7m.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 51

Jayson

Experienced Chatterer
Well, being a kid, I never really owned a console, but I figure it was Atari. since it was the late 80s. Anyway, next in line might have been Super Nintendo, not sure. it gets fuzzy going way back - but I remember playing Super Mario III a lot (It was called something different then.).

Abizaga

Experienced Chatterer
Well, being a kid, I never really owned a console, but I figure it was Atari. since it was the late 80s. Anyway, next in line might have been Super Nintendo, not sure. it gets fuzzy going way back - but I remember playing Super Mario III a lot (It was called something different then.).
Did you rent your consoles as a kid?

_B_

New Chatterer
Gameboy Advance SP. Good days with Disney Party and Sonic Advance 3 lol

Hungry Ego

New Chatterer
My cousin lent me a SNES as well! Loved super Mario bros and Duckhunt!

although, I was pretty young and cheated a lot shooting the ducks. But I didn’t care 🤷‍♂️

PGen98

Experienced Chatterer
My first owned console was a Sega Mega Drive (Genesis to those in the US), loved it to bits! I had a Saturn after that, such a highly underrated console with an amazing library of games. These days I'm a collector, with well over 40 systems.

Hungry Ego

New Chatterer
My first owned console was a Sega Mega Drive (Genesis to those in the US), loved it to bits! I had a Saturn after that, such a highly underrated console with an amazing library of games. These days I'm a collector, with well over 40 systems.
I had one of those too! My favourite games were the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and the X-Men game, which now that I think about it, were very similar...just different characters. Hmmm...

PGen98

Experienced Chatterer
I had one of those too! My favourite games were the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and the X-Men game, which now that I think about it, were very similar...just different characters. Hmmm...
That was quite common back in those days, use a similar engine and reskin the characters. Still made for fun games :D

Zakalwe

New Chatterer
My first was a grey import Sega Megadrive from Japan which I got in 1990 or 1991. Got me hooked on gaming. Had SNES, PS1, PS2 - skipped the PS3 - PS4. Might change to Xbox for the next gen as it's what my boy plays.

Alexander

Experienced Chatterer
If I can remember correctly, my first gaming console was the Nintendo Wii. This is the console that got me addicted to computer games. Some of the titles that I got hooked into were Mario Kart, Wii Fit, and Skylanders. This was before my teenage years.

Top