Your favourite Desserts?

    Thread Owner : Naiwen
  • #1
Naiwen

All ice creams, sundaes, cakes, donuts, Asian sweets and desserts, anything sweet will do for me personally as I have a sweet-tooth. With coffee and tea a white chocolate chip cookie is often great for me personally too.

I'm a very strange person when it comes to desserts, I don't typically like them. However, in spite of my dislike for cakes and donuts, I absolutely love a chocolate cake donut...I can't explain that whatsoever. Don't like donuts, don't like cake, but I love a chocolate cake donut. I also quite like sweets, particularly British sweets and chocolates...hard to get out here, but they bring me back to my childhood and I absolutely adore them.

preacherbob

preacherbob

I do like a good custard! Quite frankly, in my career serving as a Chef I had to crack and separate so many eggs that I’m tired of it.
Along with a plethora of sauces that need eggs to produce, the dessert arena is equally bountiful with recipes including my most loved; custard but again, I just do not like messing with eggs any longer beyond throwing a couple in a pan for breakfast.

Thinking that I really wanted a custard pie the other night but was too lazy to make one, I looked on Amazon to find something easier to handle than breaking a bunch of eggs and there is was....”Birds” custard mix. I had seen it a couple of years ago on Amazon but it said that it would take about a month to get it but this time it was only going to take 2 days so, I bought not just 1 container but two.

After receiving my newly found treasure it did take some experimenting but now I have things just the way I want it and can make a custard pudding or pie in about 10 minutes and have it after it cools in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

rhodesdi

rhodesdi

Valued Member
Feb 2, 2021
I am a lover of strawberry cheesecake!
It's notoriously smooth and decadent, rich to the taste and just damn lethal if you eat more than one slice.
I love the texture as well as the flavor. Did I mention the crunchy graham cracker crust? No, I didn't...know why?
I already ate it!

When I was young my favorite desserts are fruit salad, leche flan (made of milk and eggs), and some other sweet snacks. But as I grew older my taste buds seemed to be gravitating towards fruits. Fortunately we have some fruit trees at home - guava, star fruit, custard apple, cashew (the fruit is exotic but very sweet) and some potted strawberries. We also regularly buy fruits in the market.

    Thread Owner : Naiwen
  • #6
Naiwen

Naiwen

When I was young my favorite desserts are fruit salad, leche flan (made of milk and eggs), and some other sweet snacks. But as I grew older my taste buds seemed to be gravitating towards fruits. Fortunately we have some fruit trees at home - guava, star fruit, custard apple, cashew (the fruit is exotic but very sweet) and some potted strawberries. We also regularly buy fruits in the market.
Caramel flan is good too personally.