Xenforo Installation Help!

Reaction score
CB$
I’ve bought with my spare money this month a .com domain from Namecheap today, a full Xenforo license and have no idea how to configure MySQL servers. It’s saying the server could not be found. Please help guys! Thanks so much! I’ve on mind a Xenforo based mental wellness community, I’m having a little trouble installing it. Please help guys, thanks a lot!

I’ve bought with my spare money this month a .com domain from Namecheap today, a full Xenforo license and have no idea how to configure MySQL servers. It’s saying the server could not be found. Please help guys! Thanks so much! I’ve on mind a Xenforo based mental wellness community, I’m having a little trouble installing it. Please help guys, thanks a lot!
congrats on buying xenforo :) have you uploaded the files onto the server?

you need to go into your hosting's cpanel and create the mysql database. Having just a domain name like a.com isn't the same as having hosting. You need a hosting provider to actually store your site on their servers.

Affordable hosting that is pretty reliable is Hawkhost, using this link would help me with a comission - Click here to use affiliate code for Hawkhost

congrats on buying xenforo :) have you uploaded the files onto the server?
I’d like help on configuring the SQL server please! Thanks @Brad P, @Smokey! I’ve purchased a host from hawk host too, please help configure it from my customer area on Xenforo.com, thanks, my friends.

I’d like help on configuring the SQL server please! Thanks @Brad P, @Smokey! I’ve purchased a host from hawk host too, please help configure it from my customer area on Xenforo.com, thanks, my friends.
PM me and ill see what i can do to help.

Looks like it's set up @Naiwen , what you need to do now is force HTTPS, this is done via the admin panel and editing/adding an HTACCESS file to force it. As of right now your site shows up as "Not Secure" in most browsers, which can turn people away.

Looks like it's set up @Naiwen , what you need to do now is force HTTPS, this is done via the admin panel and editing/adding an HTACCESS file to force it. As of right now your site shows up as "Not Secure" in most browsers, which can turn people away.
Most people can register currently.

Yes, that won't stop registrations, but not having your site comply with HTTPS or a secure connection, might deter people from registering or visiting the site if they think it's 'not secure' as it shows up as 'not secure' in their browsers because of misconfigured SSL.

To fix this, put this in your HTACCESS file:

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 405 default
ErrorDocument 406 default
ErrorDocument 500 default
ErrorDocument 501 default
ErrorDocument 503 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
    RewriteRule ^ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Then upload it to your forum/server's root....... finally go into where your board information is and where you see Board URL change it from http://whateveryourdomainis.com to https://www.whateveryourdomainis.com

save, and you're all set. :)

Obviously, where "Whateveryourdomainis.com" you'd put your proper domain name. XD

Back