• Welcome to The Community

Working out at home

ARx182

Member
Due to the effects of the pandemic, most notably the closure of gyms, we've seen a surge in people working out at home. Do you work out at home? Did you work out at home before the pandemic, use the gym, or did you not work out at all?

I didn't work out before the pandemic and didn't after either. Only today did I do my first intense work out in a long time, hence this topic is in my mind.

Jayson

Member
Working out at home is better - cause you don't have to deal with all the social problems. Nonetheless, some are simply not self-disciplined enough to do it. In fact, I suspect people go to the gyms - simply cause it disciplines them to work out.

Anyway, also, expensive weights and machines are not needed - as dumbbells and/or calisthenics is normally enough.

Spikey

Member
Yes I workout at home and have built my own home mini gym which I'm quite proud of. I have a bunch of dumbbells, resistance bands, Medicine ball, Stability ball, yoga mat and yoga blocks, Elliptical machine.

Davidisms

Member
Body weight exercises, Yoga are best for Home work out.

One can also install a few basic gym equipment too if space and budget allows.

ZandraJoi

Member
I prefer working out at home. No driving time, no fees, no waiting in line for a machine or class. I have weights & do body-weight exercises. I have vids as well as trainers I follow on Youtube. But for those who prefer the social aspect, gyms & classes give them that.

I try walking around my neighbourhood and going out for some sunshine.
I also try dancing when I don't have anything to do so that I don't get bored and idle.

Due to the effects of the pandemic, most notably the closure of gyms, we've seen a surge in people working out at home. Do you work out at home? Did you work out at home before the pandemic, use the gym, or did you not work out at all?

I didn't work out before the pandemic and didn't after either. Only today did I do my first intense work out in a long time, hence this topic is in my mind.
I haven't worked out in a while cause I am so busy at work and I tire so quickly so I took a break from my workout. I prefer working from home cause there are certain apps that have made working out so easy. You can work out from anywhere especially if you have the equipment readily at home. I really enjoy workouts cause they help you maintain your weight and stay motivated with the progress you are making.

Gyms are a good idea too but cause of social distancing they may not be the best option now.

Jeremy

Member
Working out at home is good. But I prefer to go to the gym house to meet different people with their gym skills. With that I will get a reasonable result that I want.

Top