What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Woodturning enhances one's creativity.

Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker

Valued Member
Sep 15, 2020
CB$
I remember when I was in my 6th grade. We had a subject called Industrial Arts. Our male taught us carpentry, tinplating and wood works like carving and turning.

In carpentry, we had repaired broken chairs, doors and replacement of any infested walls of the school In tin plating I made a water canteen made of GI sheets.

But it's in woodturning that I did my best. Our teacher challenged us to have a good project. He suggested what kind of wood is best for woodturning. Others brought a big branch of Santol tree. I brought the newly cut branch of a guava. I made three big cups or chalices and I painted it with a gold and applied a lacquer.

Reactions:nangk08
S

sliara

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2020
CB$
Woodturning is like carving, but of course I'm not a guy, so I'm not that much interested in wood carving, but it's a lucrative business to have.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
It was a very good training for you then. I see so many videos of people who do this, and it is so amazing to see a rough piece of wood being converted into a beautiful artifact or an art piece. I wish we had this subject in schools. My son likes to make small things such as a small house, a boat etc. but he does it on a small scale as none of us has much knowledge or skill to teach him properly. There are no people around who could teach him. So it is great that you learned to do it properly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom