What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Wood furniture versus plastic furniture

Thread Owner : Alexandoy
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
This is one of the debates in social media that I had witnessed. If we would stop using plastic then the tendency is to turn to wood again just like in the olden times. Understandably wood furniture will contribute to the destruction of the forest. I hope this thought would clear the minds of the anti-plastic people. We need plastic and if we do not put our act together then we might be losing the forest just like that. What is your stand on this matter?

S

sliara

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2020
CB$
I prefer wood for table, but plastic for chairs. Wooden furniture doesn't really appeal to me in general. I would buy monobloc chairs.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
The argument that choosing wood over plastic will endanger forests, but they are already endangered and still plastic is not being avoided. In fact, if plastic was totally made to disappear, then people would plant more trees to make wood available. To make furniture, the trees need to reach a certain age for the wood to be durable and then also cured, so I guess that would mean planting more trees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.