Wood furniture versus plastic furniture

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

This is one of the debates in social media that I had witnessed. If we would stop using plastic then the tendency is to turn to wood again just like in the olden times. Understandably wood furniture will contribute to the destruction of the forest. I hope this thought would clear the minds of the anti-plastic people. We need plastic and if we do not put our act together then we might be losing the forest just like that. What is your stand on this matter?

I prefer wood for table, but plastic for chairs. Wooden furniture doesn't really appeal to me in general. I would buy monobloc chairs.

The argument that choosing wood over plastic will endanger forests, but they are already endangered and still plastic is not being avoided. In fact, if plastic was totally made to disappear, then people would plant more trees to make wood available. To make furniture, the trees need to reach a certain age for the wood to be durable and then also cured, so I guess that would mean planting more trees.