Wolt Lab

    Thread Owner : Jayson
  • #1

This brand of paid forum software is the cheapest. Nonetheless, to get support or whatnot, you end up maybe paying as much as the others. However, though, for someone into DIY (do-it-yourself), maybe you don't need it. However, though, in that case why not go with simply "free forum software"?

Anyway, I'm confused about upgrades. Is the Wolt Lab cheaper considering this?

My license is expired and a few years out of date, so I don't think this is true for everyone, but my renewal cost is the full price of a new license. I think standard renewals are just $89USD. A bit pricier than XF, but you do get the community framework and forums included in that, to offer expansions easily. I quite like what WBB was doing, but I have to admit I haven't been actively following them for a couple of years now. Their product still looks solid and they've come a long way since the days or 1.1.1e which was basically a vB clone.

  • Like
Reactions:Jayson