Website
erinskidds.website
    Thread Owner : DudeThatsErin
  • #1
I have used Windows and MacOS more than Linux. Though I am currently working on dual-booting my desktop so I can use both Windows and Linux/Ubuntu at the same time.

MacOS is good because it doesn't get any/very many viruses. I haven't heard about any on Linux either but that could be because it is primarily for hosting websites and such.

I like Windows because of everything you can do with it. Also, it is the primary OS I've used since I owned a computer. Windows is incredibly flexible and it is amazing.

What about everyone here? What OS do you use and why do you like it?

DudeThatsErin

DudeThatsErin

Location
AZ, USA
  • #3
I prefer IOS too myself.
Why is that?

I prefer iOS now that the beta for iOS 14 is out. It solved all of my issues with iOS. Now I get better looking widgets on my home screen plus the reliability of Apple and have something that just works.

I use Windows on my main Desktop at the moment because of some software incompatibilities, but I absolutely love Linux (or "GNULinux," if we're going full purist). I distro-hop a lot, so I've never really settled for a singular distro, either. Right now I'm rotating between Pop!_OS and Zorin on my laptop and dual-booting my Windows machine with Fedora or Linux Mint. It's just so versatile and there's a distro for just about everyone and everything.

Can't stand MacOS or Apple in general, I just loathe their approach to things.

bomb

bomb

I use Windows 10.
Why?
  • It still remains the most versatile of all OSes out there.
  • The flexibility of use is just amazing.
  • Many developers are producing tools for Windows, since its the most widespread.
  • Windows 10 comes equipped with almost all necessary tools like Antivirus, spyware etc.
  • Unlike the other OSes, Window-based OSes doesn't have a steep learning curve.
  • Windows 10 is light of resources, it has been optimized well. Doesn't guzzle my memory or CPU.
Well, the Pluses for Windows 10 are more compared to the others. But again, it's all about preferences.

I am a Windows person although I have some experience with Mac but not much on the technical side. My desktop is still running on Windows XP but I cannot say for how long while my laptop is on Windows 7 already. I think Windows 10 has issues with my laptop (it is actually not mine but just borrowed from a friend) so it was Windows 7 that they installed. I heard that the issues of Windows 10 has incompatibility with the hardware.

LEADTECH

LEADTECH

I'm always using Windows 10. It's more easy and user friendly than Linux.