Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

Will you go back to the theatre?

Will you ever go back to the movie theatre post pandemic? I hardly went to the theatre pre pandemic. I would rather wait until the movie comes out of theatre and watch it at home or at a friends house.

Probably not. I love popcorn from the threatres, there is no better popcorn out there, but I hate crowds and being in busy areas. When I went pre-pandemic I only went to mid-day showings when I knew it would be quiet, or I went to a cinema near me that plays movies that have just come out of the theatres but not on DVD as yet, so they were never very busy. Much cheaper, too! For the most part, though, I wait for the DVD/Blu Ray or wait to see it on a streaming service.

Yea here it costs $13.95 to go see a movie in the theatre. Why not wait the extra 4 to 6 months and you can buy the movie for around $20 and keep it forever? Or as PGen98 mentioned you can also wait to see it on a streaming service.

Right now I try to not to go out as much as possible. Dining out, Cinemas are strictly a NO NO right now.

I will prefer to ride this out, I will reconsiuder after this blows over. Till then I will enjoy whatever Streaming services have to offer.

I don't see the need for paying a lot of money to just watch it in theatre.
You can just watch it at home.

The theater or cinema has been opened here for a while after the 1st lockdown of 3 months. I don't think there are customers because it is scary in the cinema. It is dark so you cannot see if the place has people or not. Besides you don't know if the seats are sanitized. I have heard that the movie industry is dying because of the virus. Shooting a movie is also prohibited and new movies cannot earn money since the theaters are virtually empty every day. I hope the virus will leave us soon before the damage becomes irreversible in the movie industry.

I used to love going to the theaters and miss it a lot. Some are opening up again this weekend, which is kind of exciting. I'm not sure that I'm ready to go back to them yet. I do have an alternative though and that's going to the drive-in theater. Those are fun and I'm actually going this weekend, so I'm excited!

I didn't go much pre-pandemic so I probably won't make much of an effort to go in future, either.

The theater or cinema has been opened here for a while after the 1st lockdown of 3 months. I don't think there are customers because it is scary in the cinema. It is dark so you cannot see if the place has people or not. Besides you don't know if the seats are sanitized. I have heard that the movie industry is dying because of the virus. Shooting a movie is also prohibited and new movies cannot earn money since the theaters are virtually empty every day. I hope the virus will leave us soon before the damage becomes irreversible in the movie industry.
Yes I have heard that movie theatres can be in trouble thanks to the pandemic.

Sign Up

Register now
Existing user? Sign In

If you have an account, please log in