Wigan Athletic FC in administration

_B_

Website
voxgrid.net
So as a result of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Wigan has suffered quite badly with it and it’s taken a hit on it’s finance leading to this.
It’s such a shame really. I still remember when Wigan were in the Premier League many years back

As a Bolton fan I have to have my obligatory "haha" moment, because they're our local rivals and they made quite the noise when Bolton went through troubles; however, as a football fan, I loathe seeing what the current situation is doing to football teams, even them. Whether it's terrible owners burying their clubs (Bolton, Bury, Blackpool, Leyton Orient, etc.) or the current pandemic blocking finances, no club deserves to have their entire future put at risk like this, we're talking decades of history just at risk of going *poof* for no reason, and it's a damn shame.

  • Sad
Reactions:_B_
_B_

_B_

Website
voxgrid.net
As a Bolton fan I have to have my obligatory "haha" moment, because they're our local rivals and they made quite the noise when Bolton went through troubles; however, as a football fan, I loathe seeing what the current situation is doing to football teams, even them. Whether it's terrible owners burying their clubs (Bolton, Bury, Blackpool, Leyton Orient, etc.) or the current pandemic blocking finances, no club deserves to have their entire future put at risk like this, we're talking decades of history just at risk of going *poof* for no reason, and it's a damn shame.

100% agree with what you said. Rivalry will always exist between clubs and their fans and yes there can be a few extreme moments. But regardless, these clubs are filled with history and like I said Wigan were in the Premier League from 2005 to 2013 which is quite a while actually. It's just so sad how clubs go through this, in the past, present and future. It's even more of a shame for the fans and quite heartbreaking.

  • Like
Reactions:PGen98

100% agree with what you said. Rivalry will always exist between clubs and their fans and yes there can be a few extreme moments. But regardless, these clubs are filled with history and like I said Wigan were in the Premier League from 2005 to 2013 which is quite a while actually. It's just so sad how clubs go through this, in the past, present and future. It's even more of a shame for the fans and quite heartbreaking.
Yep, they're a halfway decent club who have had some bad situations happen to them, but who ultimately should be at least a Championship club, if not a Premier League club (just like Bolton, the two really did push each other in those Prem days). It's an absolute shame that fans have to ride this rollercoaster with the club at times, and I know how stressful it is worry about the very existence of your club, so I feel for them right now wondering what's next. Football should be about football, not about the business side, and yet here we are in this situation where business is all that matters for the clubs right now.

  • Like
Reactions:_B_