Why TV is an exercise in futility?

    Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
  • #1

A lot of TV makes us habitually lazy people. The valuable time that can be spent enjoying your pastimes or accomplishing something gainful, for example, perusing a book, taking a walk, meeting a companion, composing a blog, drawing, and so on is squandered on watching pointless stuff.

So, I think TV is an exercise in futility, But not always.
What do you think?

TV is actually a form of entertainment for both young and old, so I really don't think that it's a waste of time in general. If you don't like the program and you're watching it, then that is a waste of time for sure.

Mildredtabitha

I agree with hova who thought about the disabled on wheelchairs. They literally don't do any exercises.And also watching is just a form of entrainment.

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Well, if someone is trying to spend all their time watching TV and nothing more, then it's a bad thing. If you limit it to just an hour or two, then it should be fine. It can take your mind off of things.
You can relax a little from the regular work pressure as well. That's how I see it anyway.

I do watch anime, drama and couple of short movies from time to time. I do like to spend my time watching TV but not all the time.

We have 2 tv sets at home, one in our bedroom and another in the living room. There are only 3 of us at home, me and my wife plus our housemaid. I have noticed that our tv in the living is not much used while the one in the bedroom is used for just about 2 hours before bedtime. Maybe it is a waste of time to spend hours in watching tv that we prefer to do some other activities at home.