Welcome To Our Community!

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Why TV is an exercise in futility?

Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
Neutral Nova

Neutral Nova

Valued Member
Nov 8, 2020
CB$
A lot of TV makes us habitually lazy people. The valuable time that can be spent enjoying your pastimes or accomplishing something gainful, for example, perusing a book, taking a walk, meeting a companion, composing a blog, drawing, and so on is squandered on watching pointless stuff.

So, I think TV is an exercise in futility, But not always.
What do you think?

S

sliara

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2020
CB$
TV is actually a form of entertainment for both young and old, so I really don't think that it's a waste of time in general. If you don't like the program and you're watching it, then that is a waste of time for sure.

M

Mildredtabitha

Valued Member
Jul 29, 2020
CB$
I agree with hova who thought about the disabled on wheelchairs. They literally don't do any exercises.And also watching is just a form of entrainment.

Claraviolet

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Valued Member
Jul 25, 2020
CB$
Well, if someone is trying to spend all their time watching TV and nothing more, then it's a bad thing. If you limit it to just an hour or two, then it should be fine. It can take your mind off of things.
You can relax a little from the regular work pressure as well. That's how I see it anyway.

I do watch anime, drama and couple of short movies from time to time. I do like to spend my time watching TV but not all the time.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
We have 2 tv sets at home, one in our bedroom and another in the living room. There are only 3 of us at home, me and my wife plus our housemaid. I have noticed that our tv in the living is not much used while the one in the bedroom is used for just about 2 hours before bedtime. Maybe it is a waste of time to spend hours in watching tv that we prefer to do some other activities at home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.