Why elderly is susceptible to Coronavirus?

    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #1
Old aged people lose their anti-bodies once they are infected with Coronavirus according to a study conducted.

The latest news carried a finding of those Covid cases like the symptomatic and asymptomatic patients. It's appalling to note that senior citizens who are asymptomatic would be losing their antibodies compared to symptomatic patient.

The study further said though they're treated and have recovered from the contamination of the virus and yet after losing antibodies the ailment will recur and their lives are at stake. This will eventually pose a great danger to the immune system of the elderly. The youngsters have no problem.

Well that's the thing with elderly people, their immune system is so weak already that they have trouble regaining their optimal health. I'm not surprised that young people don't suffer from it.

The elderly are susceptible because there immune systems are weak and usually have age-related diseases so they are not fit to fight against such viruses. Nevertheless, those elderly who have had ample exercises during their youth, have worked hard physically for years and eaten good food are usually strong enough to battle Coronavirus. There have been several examples of old people in ages of 80 and 90 and some even 100, 100+ who have recovered well from the virus.

I have to agree that the elders particularly those in the ages 70 and above are in the danger level when they get contaminated by the covid virus. Generally the immunity is weaker but I don't believe that all the elders in that age bracket will succumb to the covid virus once they get infected. If the patient is healthy with a good regimen of exercise then I am sure his body is equipped with tools and armaments to fight off the virus that he will survive beautifully.

Jeremy

Jeremy

The immune system of old people is weak, so once the the them they have breathing problems which might cause them their life.

    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #6
The immune system of old people is weak, so once the the them they have breathing problems which might cause them their life.
That's right as the people get older their immune system tends to become weak. Thus they get easily weak.

Food supplements, exercises, workouts, proper diet and sleep are badly needed by those elderly.

And one thing more is staying away from stressful thing, depressing situations.

From what I have learned about this virus by reading and watching the news, I believe people with poor immunity are more prone to this virus. As you get older, your immunity becomes poor, that's the reason why elderly people are more susceptible to coroavirus.

Mildredtabitha

I also think that its not about the age but the state of your health that determined that.