What's new

Who likes hockey?

Jayson

Member
Ice hockey is practically unknown in my home of Tennessee - even if Nashville played in the Stanley Cup championship. Well, when I was in high school, floor hockey was the funnest thing ever. I mean, I debate in my mind if it was more fun than soccer.

Hungry Ego

Member
As a Canadian, I am going out on a limb here to say that I do not actively follow hockey. I used to play when I was younger and my position was Defence because I was essentially a brick wall for people. I grew faster than the average kids my age so I was not the quickest or most agile, but I would just stand in their way and they would bounce off of me.

I am ready to hand in my Canadian Card if the Hockey police come knocking...

Abizaga

Member
I never really went to watch professional games. Mostly local and college, but it's a fun sport.

Naiwen

Moderator
I watch the playoffs every year. My team is “Les Canadiens de Montreal”.

Lord Saru

Member
I come from India where we celebrate hockey as our national game. Despite that, its such a shame that no one here like hockey and most of us are into cricket and football.

We need to do more to make it more mainstream. I think the disparity is because schools here doesnt have a hockey stadium but having cricket and football grounds are compulsory.

PGen98

Administrator
Moderator
I'm a fan of ice hockey, specifically the Dallas Stars at the pro level, ever since my family moved to the US in the mid 90s :). Love it, but I'm awful at playing the sport myself.

OP

Member
  • #13
How does field hockey work? Well, floor hockey is simply sliding the puck around a gym floor. Loads of fun!

O.K. another question, how good at ice skating do you need to be for ice hockey?

PGen98

Administrator
Moderator
You need to be extremely good on skates in order to play ice hockey. There are leagues for all levels, but to play the game effectively, you absolutely have to be capable on skates.