Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

Who likes cops?

People say they hate them, but you might find your woman drooling over one. Anyway, being a cop is two-edge sword, you get loved and hated. Anyway, though, no doubt you can project that hunk image by being one - except for maybe Barney Fife (from Andy Griffith) LOL.

I have nothing against police as a whole, I do believe there are bad cops out there, just as there are with any profession, but the vast majority of police officers are good people doing their jobs. In Britain most of my family have served in one aspect of the armed services or law enforcement, so I've always grown up with a positive view of service in general. My mother was a constable with the Police Force in Edinburgh, most of my fathers' brothers work as guards in the prison system in Greater Manchester, and another works as an officer in the Police somewhere in the South of England. So I respect police, even those here where I live in the US, and understand that they are not universally bad. Are there problems in law enforcement? Absolutely, there is no question there are issues needing to be addressed, but outside of the bad cops here and there, the vast majority are and continue to be decent.

My father was a policeman from the age of 16 years old until he retired and I was always proud of him. I know that not all policemen are good people because I see it on the news but I never personally met a really bad one. If anything they have helped to protect me in the past so I do respect them.

I have three flags flying in front of our home: (1) The American Flag (2) 82nd Airborne Division Flag and (3) a Thin Blue Line flag which is in honor for those in police uniform.

Thus far in this thread, we’re in agreement that there are good and bad cops just as there are good and bad in every single endeavor a person would choose as a career..
Personally, I have only met one policeman i didn’t like out of a hundred or so that I have shaken hands with in my lifetime.
They do a job and it’s a necessary job and one that I would not want to do.

Anytime you put human beings in a position of authority over other human beings you will have abuses. That is not the cops fault, that is human nature. We are not a wonderful species, far from it. Look at Rwanda, the former Yugoslavia, the holocaust during WW2 etc..

I sometimes wonder why God just doesn't pull the plug on the whole thing. But then again, look at the entertainment value he/she/it would lose.

People say they hate them, but you might find your woman drooling over one. Anyway, being a cop is two-edge sword, you get loved and hated. Anyway, though, no doubt you can project that hunk image by being one - except for maybe Barney Fife (from Andy Griffith) LOL.
Yup it honestly depends on the person you ask. If its a convict they hate em even if they're a guy or a gal. But if its normal people they dont like one when they pull em over either. But yeah a lot of girls and guys out there are really into their partner being in an establishment like the police or military?

I have never know a cop personally and never had to deal with them, but I do feel for them when I see them performing their duties with so many hardships, standing in sun or rain, cold weather, battling it out with unreasonable people, always in danger while their wives and kids await their return home. These poor guys are never home when the world is celebrating festivals or partying.

I think they are for a purpose. If you don't like a cop it means you have something illegal. They are for our service, not our enemy. Some cops are rude may be but you also have the right to complain about that .

I have nothing against the police. I have some friends who are police officers here and they do a great job. I show nothing but respect for those who are in authority.
They are usually our friends unless like some have mentioned you got caught for doing something illegal. They are here to help us.

Sign Up

Register now
Existing user? Sign In

If you have an account, please log in