Who has messed with Patreon?

    Thread Owner : Jayson
  • #1

Who has messed with it, but not messed up? :p Anyway, the platform could deceive many - cause they think it would be easy to get a following. Well, building a Patreon is simply building a business, no doubt about it. You need a good social media and/or email following - like with other online marketing.

2

2020s

I don’t know what this is. Can someone please explain how this works?

Leonard

Leonard

I don’t know what this is. Can someone please explain how this works?
I will definitely benefit from your question if any explanation is given to this because I my self I don't also know

    Thread Owner : Jayson
  • #4

I don’t know what this is. Can someone please explain how this works?

Patreon is simply a blog system where people can support you with monthly donations, the most common thing on there.

bomb

bomb

Seems like a good concept that capitalizes in the power of coming together. In a community. Just like this forum. When people of common interest gather, they are already a product by default!!

In Patreon, a creator can post his /her work, like a video or some piece of art. Then s/e is paid by other members for the post.

We should start something like that here, i guess. Such that, if someone posts some very good content, if someone likes it, you get a point or something like that. Later you can redeem the points for goodies!! Just thinking aloud!

I would never have one for myself. I see no use of it for me

@bomb has a pretty good idea to use it for the forum.

    Thread Owner : Jayson
  • #8

Patreon can work. However, as I said, massive work is needed for creation and marketing, just like with a blog - or anything.

Ruse

Ruse

Youtubers with massive following obviously make a ton of money with patreon.