White or Brown?

Rice is our staple food. We only eat corn or plantain when there's no more supply of rice in the market. It just only happened before when the rice has become scarce due to natural calamities and economic recession. I had experienced eating corn and cooked or boiled plantains.

Our family love to eat well-milled rice especially white one. They find it appetizing and yummy. I once tried to buy brown rice. My children though eat it but with a forced appetite. I don't know why. In fact, it's more nutritious compared to a white rice.

Another one kind of rice is the purple one. It's comparable to white rice. It's also delicious and appetizing. However, it's very scarce in the market. You can't hardly find it.

Rice is our staple food. We only eat corn or plantain when there's no more supply of rice in the market. It just only happened before when the rice has become scarce due to natural calamities and economic recession. I had experienced eating corn and cooked or boiled plantains.

Our family love to eat well-milled rice especially white one. They find it appetizing and yummy. I once tried to buy brown rice. My children though eat it but with a forced appetite. I don't know why. In fact, it's more nutritious compared to a white rice.

Another one kind of rice is the purple one. It's comparable to white rice. It's also delicious and appetizing. However, it's very scarce in the market. You can't hardly find it.
I have heard of and seen black rice which is grown very sparsely in one of the regions in India. But I had never heard of purple rice. Is rice the only staple grain in your country? What about millets or wheat?

I have heard of and seen black rice which is grown very sparsely in one of the regions in India. But I had never heard of purple rice. Is rice the only staple grain in your country? What about millets or wheat?
You haven't seen a purple rice. We have here in our country. However, the people don't have any much desire to buy and cook it. They've never known that it's high or rich in anti-oxidants compared to white rice.

When compared to brown rice , it has a higher iron content. However, it depends on the brands according to its nutrition labels.

Purple rice contains anthocyanin pigments that are not found in white and brown rice. These provide purple rice its high antioxidant content.

As you mentioned black rice, it isn't actually a black. It has a deep purple hue. It tastes good for it has slightly sweet flavor.

In fact, I have eaten it once but my family doesn't like it.

Back
Top