Welcome To Our Community!

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

White or Brown?

Thread Owner : Sweerie_banana
S

Sweerie_banana

Valued Member
Jul 29, 2020
CB$
I love rice so much that I eat it often. I normally love white fried rice. How about you? The brown rice is so much healthier.

Spikey

Spikey

Valued Member
Jul 21, 2020
CB$
Brown rice is indeed much healthier. I enjoy both white and brown rice.

Reactions:Sweerie_banana
ewpratt

ewpratt

Valued Member
Sep 18, 2020
CB$
I prefer brown rice or jasmine rice. I'll use white rice as well, but usually only buy it when the price makes more sense than the want for better rice.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
Brown rice is quite difficult to cook and a bit heavy to digest, so I prefer less polished white rice only.

Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker

Valued Member
Sep 15, 2020
CB$
Rice is our staple food. We only eat corn or plantain when there's no more supply of rice in the market. It just only happened before when the rice has become scarce due to natural calamities and economic recession. I had experienced eating corn and cooked or boiled plantains.

Our family love to eat well-milled rice especially white one. They find it appetizing and yummy. I once tried to buy brown rice. My children though eat it but with a forced appetite. I don't know why. In fact, it's more nutritious compared to a white rice.

Another one kind of rice is the purple one. It's comparable to white rice. It's also delicious and appetizing. However, it's very scarce in the market. You can't hardly find it.

Reactions:nangk08
nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
Rice is our staple food. We only eat corn or plantain when there's no more supply of rice in the market. It just only happened before when the rice has become scarce due to natural calamities and economic recession. I had experienced eating corn and cooked or boiled plantains.

Our family love to eat well-milled rice especially white one. They find it appetizing and yummy. I once tried to buy brown rice. My children though eat it but with a forced appetite. I don't know why. In fact, it's more nutritious compared to a white rice.

Another one kind of rice is the purple one. It's comparable to white rice. It's also delicious and appetizing. However, it's very scarce in the market. You can't hardly find it.
I have heard of and seen black rice which is grown very sparsely in one of the regions in India. But I had never heard of purple rice. Is rice the only staple grain in your country? What about millets or wheat?

Reactions:Nocturnal Thinker
Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker

Valued Member
Sep 15, 2020
CB$
I have heard of and seen black rice which is grown very sparsely in one of the regions in India. But I had never heard of purple rice. Is rice the only staple grain in your country? What about millets or wheat?
You haven't seen a purple rice. We have here in our country. However, the people don't have any much desire to buy and cook it. They've never known that it's high or rich in anti-oxidants compared to white rice.

When compared to brown rice , it has a higher iron content. However, it depends on the brands according to its nutrition labels.

Purple rice contains anthocyanin pigments that are not found in white and brown rice. These provide purple rice its high antioxidant content.

As you mentioned black rice, it isn't actually a black. It has a deep purple hue. It tastes good for it has slightly sweet flavor.

In fact, I have eaten it once but my family doesn't like it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.