Revert customizations made in this style

Which earns more? Blog or Vblog?

Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
Blog becomes a good source of income for person who writes for his own line of expertise like writing review of movies, new products, or featuring people of his exemplary accomplishments in his field of endeavor, among others.

Vblog or video blog is another form of blogging with the use of video streaming such podcast, tutorial on any subject or do-it-yourself project by using a video editor. This becomes nowadays trending. And the vblogger is earning if his video channel is monetized.

The big question is which is more viable as far as online earnings are concerned?

S

sliara

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Of course videos would earn you more money than just a simple text based blog. Videos are more personal and genuine, so people would gravitate to that. It also depends on the topic you like to discuss if it's in demand with people.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Internet users are now getting comfortable with videos that YouTube is now the number 1 site because of the views that it gets. In that regard I guess a vlog will get more viewers than a blog because some people are lazy to read especially when the user is not well-versed in the English language or not comfortable in the language that the blog was written. The downside of the vlog for me is that it takes much time to watch so I still prefer to read a blog.

Reactions:nangk08
nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Internet users are now getting comfortable with videos that YouTube is now the number 1 site because of the views that it gets. In that regard I guess a vlog will get more viewers than a blog because some people are lazy to read especially when the user is not well-versed in the English language or not comfortable in the language that the blog was written. The downside of the vlog for me is that it takes much time to watch so I still prefer to read a blog.
Yes, that is the problem, most people are now too lazy to read. As for videos, I find myself more and more becoming impatient with videos that are longer than 2-3 minutes. So the length of the videos is also another point to be considered if you want to keep the viewer's attention focused on your vlog.

Claraviolet

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
I suppose for a newbie, it's better to go with a video blog rather than a normal blog, these days.
Unless the blog(established blog) have regular views, not many new blogs can survive now. Almost everyone around me prefers to watch videos rather than read a few more passages.

So, it's better to go with VBlog and going by that, Vblog earns more.
This is just my opinion based on the people around me.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
It is really hard to say whether a blog earn more or vlogs (video blogs) earn better. It all depends on traffic/views, location of your traffic, interaction on your ads, etc. If your blog ranks well on search engine and gets tons of traffic, you can earn well with your blog. However, if you don't get traffic and does not rank well, even a good vlog cannot earn you anything.

Games

Games

Valued Member
Reaction score
Website
kodibeginner.com
CB$
I love reading and writing, so I will definitely go to blogs.
A well-written post is more interesting to me than a boring video which means nothing.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
I love reading and writing, so I will definitely go to blogs.
A well-written post is more interesting to me than a boring video which means nothing.
I can side with your viewpoint. I am a blogger myself, I love reading and writing. In order to write better, I should be reading a lot. In order to become a good blogger, I should also be reading and following a lot of blogs. However, I also like vlogs because seeing is believing. Vlogging is one of my dreams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.