Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

When was the last time you bought a computer?

I have plans of buying a desktop this year of 2021. The only thing holding me back is the budget. Actually I am still undecided if it would be a laptop or desktop. The last time I bought a computer was in September 2009. Yeah, that was a long time ago. Now that desktop is still running and I am actually using it now.

The laptop I am using right now will become 4 years in June. I bought this laptop after my laptop crashed after 8 years. I am not in a habit of updating my laptop frequently. I will be using my laptop as long as it works. However, my current laptop is already giving me headaches and I am thinking to buy soon.

I built this one in Aug 2019. It should last me a good number of years, but I'll probably find a reason to build a new one before it's necessary anyway... :v

The last time I bought an off-the-rack PC was 2014, which is the desktop I'm using now, sadly. I usually build my PCs, but I hit a bit of an emergency situation and bought this one, and I haven't had the budget to build another one since...which is unfortunate as prices for components continue to skyrocket (looking at you, CPUs and GPUs), so I'm just sort of stuck with this for now. I do plan to build another PC once I get some cash behind me, because there's nothing like a proper custom PC. In fact, if you've got the patience for it, you should build your own. It's not complicated and the end product will be far superior to anything off the rack / pre-built.

My laptop was bought last year. I haven't seen the use of a new one immediately. What I am intending to install is fast and reliable internet.

My laptop was bought last year. I haven't seen the use of a new one immediately. What I am intending to install is fast and reliable internet.
There is a revolution here with the internet access. There are several hosting providers now aside from the usual 2 which were connected to the landline phones. The promise of 25 mbps is offered by the latest provider for $30 a month. Not bad for a beginner (vendor) but that is only for the internet access and does not have an associated landline phone.

@Alexandoy that is such a great rate. I am torn between a MiFi and installing internet at home though I don't think it would come with a landline phone. A MiFi is better cause I could leave the house with it and access the internet anywhere. I still have time to consider the costs and what to go for.

I bought one in 2015, s second hand one and now it needs formatting. I don't really need a PC right now but I'm considering buying one in the future.

@Alexandoy that is such a great rate. I am torn between a MiFi and installing internet at home though I don't think it would come with a landline phone. A MiFi is better cause I could leave the house with it and access the internet anywhere. I still have time to consider the costs and what to go for.
That package also has an option for the so called portable wifi which is a SIM card. But it was kind of expensive for an additional $20 per month so I had it removed after using it for several years. Most of the malls here have wifi and the resorts when we go on vacation also have free wifi so the portable wifi is not much of use to me. Yesterday I picked up my wife in the office and while waiting I was using their building's free wifi for more than 30 minutes.

I bought a laptop about a month ago because I thought my desktop was on the blink but it survived and now I have a spare computer. I rate Acer brand because I have an Acer chromebook that is 12 years old and still going strong.

Sign Up

Register now
Existing user? Sign In

If you have an account, please log in