Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Member
  • #22
I tried dosa when I was in India. It is good food. However, I would never want dosa for breakfast it is spicy and oily. However, I believe it is good for breakfast, for those who like spicy and oily foods because it contains lentils (protein source) which makes you feel fuller for a longer period.
Well, I am sure most of the people would feel that way.

I know folks who avoid such oily food but that's not me. I like delicious food in general and Dosa is my preferred breakfast item at the moment. To be honest, most of the other items here like Poori, Chapathi and such are oily food as well.
I can think of only Idly which doesn't involve any oil.

nangk08

Member
I tried dosa when I was in India. It is good food. However, I would never want dosa for breakfast it is spicy and oily. However, I believe it is good for breakfast, for those who like spicy and oily foods because it contains lentils (protein source) which makes you feel fuller for a longer period.
Actually dosa made traditionally and normally in homes, is not at all spice or oily at all. I think you must have had it in a restaurant where they tend to make it oily and spicy. It is actually highly nutritious and filling and ideal as a breakfast dish.

luri

Member
Well, I am sure most of the people would feel that way.

I know folks who avoid such oily food but that's not me. I like delicious food in general and Dosa is my preferred breakfast item at the moment. To be honest, most of the other items here like Poori, Chapathi and such are oily food as well.
I can think of only Idly which doesn't involve any oil.
I like Dosa but not for breakfast. For breakfast, I think Iddly will be better. I tried Idilly when I was in India, in my country Iddly and dosa are not very common breakfast items. I like Dosa for lunch. It is spicy and makes you full for long hours. I like poori and jalebi, however, I also avoid this food for breakfast as it is too oily and too much sugar.

I believe Dosa is my favourite breakfast item.
I just like Dosa a lot and after that, I really like Poori too. These are traditional breakfast items around where I live. Most of the time, I skip breakfast but if these two items items are being prepared, then I would never skip them.
What about you guys? What's your favourite breakfast item? Also, do you usually skip breakfast, to have brunch later?
What is Dosa? What is Poori?

You know we belong to different location, different geographical location. And we eat different foods.

Well, in my case I like to eat fried rice. My late mother used to prepare it when we have leftovers last night.

sprite1950

Member
I love tea cakes, It's something I never get fed up with and I hate it if I run out. I like them with butter and jam. I also like porridge especially in the winter months.

Joshi

Member
Great to have a good breakfast Like omelette or bread with toast in the morning... The rest of the day you will be able to continue to feel better

Top