What's new

Whats the best way forward for team development?

Beccaprout

Hi everyone!

For my degree, I have been asked to research about improving self and others, then use it to give suggestions on what my organisation could do to improve... a bit difficult when you don't work in an office!

So my question is, what do you think would help develop a team, in a fun and creative way, in a retail environment?

ANY help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

To be frank, I find the so called "team building activities" as wasting time and not effective in building a team. For an office group to develop cooperation and coordination there should be a common motivation. Think of a sports team with the opponent as the common motivation. Everyone in the team would be encouraged to cooperate as part of the team.

By the way, I have made my own team building activity that I would present to our office but it did not reach that stage due to technical reasons - there were many spats and personal differences in our office during that time.