What would you give up to have what you really want?

    Thread Owner : Jayson
  • #1

I mean, let's say the true desire of your heart was available, but you had to make a real sacrifice? Could you handle it easily?

I'm usually alright at avoiding temptation if the cost is too great, so I think I'd be fine. I've learned that there's plenty of bad for any good in the world, so unless the bad that came with whatever the temptation was could be livable, then yeah, I might be willing to make a sacrifice to obtain it.

  • Like
Reactions:Sweerie_banana

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Well, what I really want is to be with my parents all the time.

I don't think I can ever give up on programming to be with them a lot. I am sure it must be an equivalent sacrifice but my parents wouldn't want me to lose my current job to be with them as well.
Right now, my other obsession is doll collection. I can give that up.
It's going to be hard but I wouldn't mind if it means I can be with my parents.

Sweerie_banana

Well, what I really want is to be with my parents all the time.

I don't think I can ever give up on programming to be with them a lot. I am sure it must be an equivalent sacrifice but my parents wouldn't want me to lose my current job to be with them as well.
Right now, my other obsession is doll collection. I can give that up.
It's going to be hard but I wouldn't mind if it means I can be with my parents.
I'm staying at my parents house since I moved in recently since my boyfriend had to travel. We have been at longer heads for a while now with my mum and I have to admit it I would give anything to be far away right now. We don't talk and she avoids me so much. I read that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Some time away would do both of us some good.

Real hero hidden in the darkness
I'm staying at my parents house since I moved in recently since my boyfriend had to travel. We have been at longer heads for a while now with my mum and I have to admit it I would give anything to be far away right now. We don't talk and she avoids me so much. I read that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Some time away would do both of us some good.
I am really sorry to hear that.

I have always been close to my mother and I just can't be away from her, if I can help it. To be honest, I don't think I can live without her and the feeling is mutual. On the other-hand, I am not close to my father at all. Right now, he is avoiding me and I am doing the same too. I suppose it all comes down to how much communication we have.

I'm not really that assertive, so I would just let it go if I can't have it. Some things aren't worth it if it requires a sacrifice. Why sacrifice if I can forgo it?

Sweerie_banana

I am really sorry to hear that.

I have always been close to my mother and I just can't be away from her, if I can help it. To be honest, I don't think I can live without her and the feeling is mutual. On the other-hand, I am not close to my father at all. Right now, he is avoiding me and I am doing the same too. I suppose it all comes down to how much communication we have.
Thanks. I know it's sad, we have never had anything in common sadly. I love her so much. I just wish she would stop stereotyping and love and cherish the moments we have here left together. At the moment we don't talk. But I pray things to get better between us.
My dad passed on. I miss him so much. Sometimes, I wish I could go to his grave and cry till he hears me. Sometimes life is so unfair.

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Thanks. I know it's sad, we have never had anything in common sadly. I love her so much. I just wish she would stop stereotyping and love and cherish the moments we have here left together. At the moment we don't talk. But I pray things to get better between us.
My dad passed on. I miss him so much. Sometimes, I wish I could go to his grave and cry till he hears me. Sometimes life is so unfair.
To be honest, living with someone who don't talk with you can be a nightmare.

My dad wouldn't even respond when I ask something and he wouldn't even acknowledge my presence. I used to get hurt by it but now, I have learned how to let it go. If they don't know how to cherish others, then we shouldn't get upset by it. They will come around or they don't.
Life is all about compromises and we should try to make the best of it. That's my only motto at the moment.