What would I eat to be healthy?

    Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
  • #1

Smart dieting for a Healthy Weight:

* Emphasizes organic products, vegetables, entire grains, and sans fat or low-fat milk and milk items.
* Includes lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts.
* Is low in soaked fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars.
* Stays inside your every day calorie needs.

What do you think?
What would it be a good idea for me to eat to be sound?

  • Like
Reactions:preacherbob
preacherbob

preacherbob

Looks pretty good to me except for one small thing: the word “diet”.
I actually hate that word don’t you?
Together with “workout” and “exercise” I picture images of Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Richard Simmons and my doctor who are more concerned with BMI than whether I am actually healthy or not.
No wonder the Army called our food, “mess” and the exercise was known as Physical training and the Daily Dozen.

All kidding aside, the items you listed are wonderful ideas to stick with and I hope you do.
As far as the rest of my post, there are indications that the words diet and exercise are psychological negatives whilst Training and Nutritional Program go with a more positive attitude.
When I go to the gym, I train and train hard. I do not simply exercise nor “workout”. I do not study my diet, I study my nutritional values.
Sometimes just using the right words will help shore up one’s ability to stick with a program. It sure did with me when I first started training.

Now, so far what else You should be eating? Your lifestyle is the best gauge for what you need to concentrate on. For myself it’s a minimum of 240 grams of protein a day and a minimum of 22 essential and non-essential amino acids and a ratio of 5-1 carbs to fiber and the list goes on with caloric values in deficit when I need to do that. Just depends on my goals.

Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions:Neutral Nova

Sometimes I think that the health conscious people may not be happy with their life. Look at me, I eat anything that I like so that food makes me happy. People would avoid pork because it is unhealthy to eat. But will they live for 200 years? My great uncle was eating roasted pig, one of his favorites together with Coke. He lived up to 106 years.

Eating healthy is not enough. Changing your way of thinking is paramount. Remember whatever manifests comes from inside. Eating well and thinking positively is the best way to go.

  • Like
Reactions:Jay

I think that it is indeed a healthy way to eat everyday. It will be a lot more costly if you follow it though.

Fan fact, I thought all foods were organic until my early twenties. Out here we eat traditional foods from birth till death.

  • Like
Reactions:Jay