What time do you prefer to work out?

Duks

Some people like to exercise early in the morning while others prefer working out in the evening. There are various reasons for this, including work schedules. Personally, I tend to work out during lunch hours as the gym is usually either mostly or entirely empty during those hours. It's a small gym that can get crowded very easily. What time do you normally work out?

preacherbob

preacherbob

For cardio, I get the best results by doing those exercises right after I get up in the morning but that said, one shouldn’t do any cardio within 6 or so hours of trying to achieve hypertrophy and morning is Always better for me to shoot for that.
So, what to do?

Even though morning is best for cardio, I schedule my muscle mass training (hypertrophy) for 2 hours each morning 5 days a week and then do cardio at night or in the morning on the two days when I don’t hit the gym.

Especially for a 71 year old bodybuilder, because of how body chemistry works, timing is a key element in beating the age thing.

Sweerie_banana

@Preacherboy keep up the good work.

I love working out in the evenings. I do so everyday. I run towards the field and when I arrive at the field, I normally do some couple of rounds till my body is heated up and I sweat. I love my routine, I hope I maintain it.

  • Like
Reactions:preacherbob

I personally would want to work out early in the morning so that there will be less people that would work out with me.

I cannot call my exercise a workout but I do it every morning before breakfast. I have a small dumbbell and hand grip that I used on each hand for the exercise before doing the push-up. But the start of my exercise is the stretching and bending. I do all that in the bedroom which I think is already sufficient because I usually take a bath after the exercise.

Sweerie_banana

It has been so muddy of late and running has been hard. I just take black my new dog for a walk, I may start walking in the morning if the rain continues cause I just have to keep on moving.

I was robbed my earphones last week but I still have to walk down the same path with more protection from our dog.

Jobiezue

Feb 8, 2021
I wake up by 5 am to work out then after that I prepare for work then when I come back in the evening I do some retouching work out, you know it's fun though

Otoronagba

Feb 7, 2021
I'm too lazy these days or should I say too tired after a tedious day. I do love morning sessions and then I shift to night and then am not working out again

I hardly find time to workout during the weekdays. I have a day time work and also have a part time online work. Therefore I am very busy during the weekdays. During the weekend when I don't have to go to office and have a lot of free time I go for a long walk. Even in weekdays, whenever I manage time, I go for a long walk. Walking is the only exercise I do and I prefer to walk in the morning.

Shane Dunk

Shane Dunk

Feb 7, 2021
I work out every morning at 7 am. I think this is the best time for work out.