Reaction score
21
Location
AZ, USA
Website
erinskidds.website
CB$
1,364
I have an iPhone 11 base model, black, 64GB. I like it because the phone just works. I had so many hardware and software issues with Androids since I first owned them that owning a phone that always works and doesn't let me down is amazing. Also, the battery life on this phone is amazing. It has been off the charger for 2 days right now (going through the second day at the moment) and it is at 35%. I have about 3 hours and 31 minutes where the screen was on during that time and 6.14 & 6.15 I was at work for 3-5 hours each where cellular signal strength is low (very low) and it was sitting in my car in 100+ degree weather.

This is impressive to me!

What about you guys? What phone do you use and why do you like it?

I have the iPhone 6 plus. The storage capacity is 16GB, 16,000MB. Over a year ago now, I purchased the smart phone of a family for £60.00 and have been using the handheld device ever since. It's worked like a charm for me.

I use OPPO F9 Pro.

I am not sure how global this brand is, but this phone is one of my favourite. I used top end model phones before using OPPO, all of which has lasted for less than 2 years and had showed signs of declining efficiency from around the 2nd or 3rd month of its usage.

But this phone of mine, have been using it for the past 2 years. No declining efficiency issue and so far, smooth sail.

Will recommend it to anyone.

I am currently using a Galaxy S20. I managed to get it for around £560 thanks to some discounts and cashback so it wasn't too expensive. I would never have paid the normal price for it at launch especially since it has a few issues like how it overheats and the camera has a few problems. Other than that, it's a pretty good phone

I can't speak to the quality of the iPhone, as I have never used one, and while I'm sure they're perfectly serviceable pieces of technology, I have serious objections to the way Apple conducts their business.

It starts with something I've always disagreed with them on, and that's their operating system. I object to them trying to promote their OS as being free when the reality is you have to be running Mac hardware to run it, and Mac hardware is ludicrously expensive for what you actually get. MacOS is, for all intents and purposes, just a glorified *nix distribution, not unlike the freely available and legitimately free (from the FSF definition) BSD and Linux distros out there. I can't stand the thought of paying thousands for dollars for a computer just to get MacOS when I could build an equivalent spec PC and have any number of Linux distros that function near enough identically to MacOS for a fraction of the cost. Any time an individual or small business has attempted to market a PC running MacOS (aptly named as a "Hackintosh"), Apple have pursued legal action against them to shut them down. They do not want their OS running on anything other than Apple hardware.

The second point of contention I have with them is their stance on right to repair. Apple's official stance on repairs to damaged products is that you cannot repair them yourself, and you cannot take them to a third party repair facility. You have to take them to Apple themselves and their so-called "Genius Bar" in order to get your product repaired and they've done as much as possible to ensure that their hardware is as impractical and impossible to modify as possible. You're stuck going to Apple, as with each passing generation there are less and less options for third party repair companies because of how Apple builds their hardware. Buy a PC off the rack and you can crack it open and upgrade or replace any part of that PC easily. Buy a Mac? Well, I guess at least it looks nice, right? Because that's what you're stuck with.

The last thing I'll point out for now, and admittedly this isn't limited just to the "Genius Bar," but the amount they rip people off, particularly those who aren't that tech savvy, for issues that might be as simple as a loose or unplugged cable inside. People getting charged hundreds for nothing, sometimes as much as just buying another computer...how's that a thing? Seriously, go look at Louis Rossman's channel, he repairs Apple products for reasonable prices and doesn't make up phantom problems. He'll share actual customer stories of people being quoted $700+ for an issue that took him 20 minutes to fix and he only charged them $60 or so.

Those are only three issues I have with Apple, there are plenty more, and yeah, those aren't specifically related to their iPhones, but it speaks a lot about the company that they're this closed minded.

I have a Galaxy S9. I got it in June 2019. It's a really hardy phone, it can handle everything I throw at it, and I never get any performance loss or hardware issues. I also agree that Apple's business is not the most consumer-friendly, which is why I prefer Android to iPhone.

Back
Top