What Mac apps and services do you use?

    Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
  • #1
Just wondering what Anti-virus and firewall my fellow Mac lovers use and which ones stood out for you?

What ad-blocking service do you use?
What Mac apps and services do you use?

Nabix

Nabix

Location
127.0.01
I've never in my life used an anti-virus software on a mac computer. The vast majority of viruses are written for windows pc's not macs. It's rare but not unheard of that a mac computer gets infected with a virus.

uBlock is better than Ad Block Plus IMO.

  • Like
Reactions:Neutral Nova

I've never in my life used an anti-virus software on a mac computer. The vast majority of viruses are written for windows pc's not macs. It's rare but not unheard of that a mac computer gets infected with a virus.

uBlock is better than Ad Block Plus IMO.
I use Windows PC. I have never used any Mac device except for an iPod, which I did not use for a long time. I did not know that most of the viruses are written for windows pc and mac is comparatively safe from viruses. On my windows PC I am using free version of 360 Total. I have also tried paid anti virus but in my observation free antivirus are also very good.

joombo

I use apple music, vpn and ad block the most. Want to create my own app one day too, I turned to pro developers to help me with that task. I found software development website https://fortegrp.com/ with pro devs team. They helped me build an app at the highest level ad saved my time. Sometimes it's better to ask for help professionals.

Last edited:
Sharon

Sharon

Location
Texas
Website
serened.proboards.com
I use Apple Music and Slack a lot on my MacBook. There aren't many other apps I use other than broswers. Although I would love to dive more into Garage Band in the near future. I'd love to learn how to create my own songs using the software.