What is your take on faith healing?

  • #1
I have known several faith healers. They claim to cure people of their sickness by the use of prayers. Some would place the hand on the head of the sick.There are healers who use the hand to operate - they remove cysts or mass from the patient. There's also a documented extraction of teeth using the hand. Do you believe in such healers or are you skeptical? I had a cyst on my thigh that was removed by a faith healer. I admit that the cyst was removed but not completely.

Real hero hidden in the darkness
I don't trust in faith healing at all.
It could be a good way to motivate someone but I am not sure if it can work, just like that. This is just my personal opinion and we need to do our part before leaving things to some higher power.

The trust in ourselves and will can make a difference, albeit a little small. If someone trusts it a lot, I would never discourage them with my words.

Most faith healers we read and hear about turn out to be frauds and scamsters later on. There is no such thing as healing by means of prayers. To be able to do that, the person must absolutely be pure in heart and hold true faith in the divine power. Such people are almost nonexistent and most so-called healers are only out in it for money.

Sweerie_banana

Nowadays everything is scam. Here where I live, they normally pay off people to pretend to have demonic spirits and they are healed once they pray and place their hands on them.

I decided to stick to the church that my parents raised me up in. I am a Catholic. They may not be perfect but at least they don't mock God.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08

  • #6
It seems that all comments on faith healing are on the negative. Let me add that a certain faith healer named Jun Labo had amazed his Russian and Japanese patients that there were lots of claims to be healed by Labo. Later on Labo became mayor of Baguio City, a tourist place in the Philippines. After losing out in the next election, Labo faded and has not been seen in the limelight anymore.

Sweerie_banana

It seems that all comments on faith healing are on the negative. Let me add that a certain faith healer named Jun Labo had amazed his Russian and Japanese patients that there were lots of claims to be healed by Labo. Later on Labo became mayor of Baguio City, a tourist place in the Philippines. After losing out in the next election, Labo faded and has not been seen in the limelight anymore.
If he was genuine why did he give up so fast and retreat? I don't think he is. If he served the one true God, he would have fought hard for this position and maybe he would have attained it. But why go missing afterwards? Seems he has a lot to hide. I don't trust them at all. Why can't they heal the pandemic if they are genuine?

Why did he disappear from public life? Did his devotees or followers try to find out more about him?