What is your reason for participating in sport?

Maybe you just love to get involved in sport to be physically active, or perhaps it is so you can engage more socially, with a specific demographic even? Or do you play sport just for fun and enjoyment?

I have differing views when it comes to my participation in sport. For me, it has to be fun, so I have to be somewhat skilled enough to participate. It is better with a close friend to learn and develop together, but I am very independent and just love being outside so I will happily play by myself to increase my fitness also.

I have been playing sports throughout my whole life. I played competitive baseball and hockey until I was 18. Now I play sports for recreation, fun and exercise. I like playing all kind of sports. I really like playing table tennis.

When I was in grade school, our teacher emphasized that sports is for the health of the body. During that time I was being encouraged to play football so I joined a team in the mosquito category. Being in grade 5, energy was not a problem to us so we would run in the football field from end to end. It was like expending our energy too much. When I shifted to other sports like basketball and swimming, I realized that sports is not only for the health of the body but also for the health of the mind. I had gained friends in sports and until now I support sports programs in our community.

Back
Top