What do you use more? Desktop, Laptop, Phone, or Tablet?

DudeThatsErin

New Chatterer
I use my phone, tablet, and desktop about evenly. I don't own a laptop because my iPad Pro is more than capable. I try to use my phone whenever I'm not doing anything heavy-duty that requires a desktop. Otherwise, I'm on a desktop.

PGen98

Experienced Chatterer
I use my Desktop for everything intensive, though I have a laptop for travel or hospital visits (for me, that's frequent), and I'll game and read the news on my phone, but work stuff and interacting, I prefer my desktop for that.

Spikey

Experienced Chatterer
I have never had a laptop as my work doesnt involve using laptops and I was in Highschool long before they allow students using laptops. I have always been more a fan of Desktops. I find they are more powerful and last longer then laptops. When I'm out of town I just use my phone.

Leonard

Experienced Chatterer
For me personally and for now I am use my phone most frequently. But will get adarpted using a laptop most frequently when I have due to my field/domain of studies

ewpratt

New Chatterer
I use my laptop and phone around the same. Also have a desktop I use for testing different things (web sites, software, etc).

Alexandoy

Experienced Chatterer
The desktop is my home base for working in the internet. However, since my desktop is aging already and there are issues against the operating system Windows XP so I have shifted to the laptop with Windows 7. In fact, I cannot post on this website when I am using my desktop. It looks like this site has no support for Windows XP. I have not tested this site in my tablet yet.

ewpratt

New Chatterer
The desktop is my home base for working in the internet. However, since my desktop is aging already and there are issues against the operating system Windows XP so I have shifted to the laptop with Windows 7. In fact, I cannot post on this website when I am using my desktop. It looks like this site has no support for Windows XP. I have not tested this site in my tablet yet.

Most sites these days are coded with a focus on modern browsers and technologies, which are not supported on Windows XP (and in some cases Windows 7). Both Windows XP and Windows 7 are security risks as well, since neither is supported by Microsoft anymore.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
Ransomware attack kind of opened my eyes. I had to move to Windows 10 because of all the security issues the attackers exposed.

Nocturnal Thinker

Experienced Chatterer
I have been using a desktop computer for more than 6 years. It's donated by a Church leader for he knows I am a writer. It has served for such a period of 6 years until it became usable due to outmoded OS and software.

I got a handy friend donated by a good Mayor of our small city. All school principals were given a laptop to be used in their computer work in preparing reports, teacher's subject loads and teaching schedules and other related school works.

The laptop has served me for another 6 years for I returned it upon my retirement from the Department of Education for rendering 25 yesrs of service. But at home I have my owned laptop which is still functiong for 11 years. But I give it to my eldest daughter for her online job.

Now goodbye to desktop and laptop for I'm using is my mobile phone for all my online writing jobs. It's too handy. I could carry it and work anywhere.

Dubbed

New Chatterer
I use my phone mainly, have a fairly decent PC and an ipad.
I don't really use the ipad for a whole lot to be honest, id be tempted to get rid of it but know I'd want one again if I did.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
An iPad sounds nice. I wish I could get myself one but those Apple products are really expensive. They are way out of my budget.

Last edited:

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
Whenever I'm outside, that is my chilling time. I don't do any work. That is why I use pc mostly.

sliara

Experienced Chatterer
Right now, I'm using my phone, but if my computer was working, then I would use it also to play games and I would use the PC more than my phone.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
I used to play games on my computer a lot back in the day, but now I don't. I mostly use my computer for work and online classes.

Top