What do you think of violence in movies?

    Thread Owner : Claraviolet
  • #1

Real hero hidden in the darkness
I believe sometimes the violence, is just too much in some movies.

I am no good with blood and gore but I still watch horror movies anyway. I don't mind death at all when it comes to a movie. Still, a detailed planning in murder can be hard for me to watch. I never liked 'Saw' series for the same reason.
So, what do you guys think? Does it bother you?

Violence in movies are quite common, so are blood and gore. I think it's inappropriate though if kids would see it. They might get traumatized.

The movies with violence are meant for the adults, therefore, I am ok with the violence in the movies, as long as violence is not in family movies. Since violence is not real, I try to see how people corordinate the action scenes and make it look like real.

Doesn’t bother me at all, it’s not real at the end of the day.
That's what I am saying. The Violence is not real. It s either CGI or choreographed. Violence in the movies is ok as long as the kids are not allowed to watch this particular movie. I also do not like too violent scene, such as too much blood, organs coming out etc.

I like violence of the type shown in Die Hard movies but not too much blood and gore shown for the sake of shock treatment to the audience.

Sweerie_banana

I don't mind at all but I also don't like to watch with my daughter who is under 18. I tend to watch horrors and action movies alone cause of the impact it would have on her. I love protecting her at all costs.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08

Another point I thought of after I wrote my opinion on this topic is that, some movies which are quite violent, sometimes to an extent that is shocking to the audience,but show the truth are also necessary. For example, the movie Blood Diamond. It brought out the true and ugly struggle of life and death that goes behind the beautiful, sparkling diamonds. Before I watched that movie, I had always wanted to own diamonds, but after watching it, I swore never ever to buy diamonds even if I got the money. Of course, now many companies make it a point to certify and declare that there is no blood on the diamonds they sell, but it was too honest and impacting movie.