What do you think of OBIEE and OTBI?

    Thread Owner : Claraviolet
  • #1

Real hero hidden in the darkness
They are reporting tools and you can prepare various reports based on some specific data.
Lately people believe reporting is far more important than plain old coding. To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this. Anyway, what do you guys think of them? They can be pretty easy to setup as well.

Do you want to work on them as part of your career progress?

What is OBIEE and OTBI? I have no about these things as far as recordkeeping is concerned.

In the first place you give us their acronyms for they are only in abbreviated form. Second why are they important in reporting for what?

Most of us here are not encoder or programmer but we are to join the discussion so that our ideas may be counted as helpful or not.

    Thread Owner : Claraviolet
  • #3

Real hero hidden in the darkness
What is OBIEE and OTBI? I have no about these things as far as recordkeeping is concerned.

In the first place you give us their acronyms for they are only in abbreviated form. Second why are they important in reporting for what?

Most of us here are not encoder or programmer but we are to join the discussion so that our ideas may be counted as helpful or not.
Sorry I was sure many of you guys might have known about advanced stuff.
I am a software engineer and I just got too used to using these acronyms. Well, OBIEE is Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and OTBI is Oracle Fusion Transaction Business intelligence.
They are reporting tools and we can obtain analytical based reports using these tools. Have you heard of forecasting before? Based on the current demand, people try to predict the future based on the analytics. We can obtain such reports thanks to these tools.

Sorry I was sure many of you guys might have known about advanced stuff.
I am a software engineer and I just got too used to using these acronyms. Well, OBIEE is Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and OTBI is Oracle Fusion Transaction Business intelligence.
They are reporting tools and we can obtain analytical based reports using these tools. Have you heard of forecasting before? Based on the current demand, people try to predict the future based on the analytics. We can obtain such reports thanks to these tools.
Oh yes I know what is forecasting. I have studied when I took the Commerce course especially when we were discussing about the future of the business status when regards to its success.

There are so many factors we have consider to forecast a business viability. There are tools to use like the statistics, sales reports, customers records, among others

That's why reports, data or recordings are of utmost important in forecasting a business venture.

    Thread Owner : Claraviolet
  • #5

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Oh yes I know what is forecasting. I have studied when I took the Commerce course especially when we were discussing about the future of the business status when regards to its success.

There are so many factors we have consider to forecast a business viability. There are tools to use like the statistics, sales reports, customers records, among others

That's why reports, data or recordings are of utmost important in forecasting a business venture.
Exactly and we have a separate team for that.
I am not part of forecasting team but we try to generate those reports by taking the data, created from the forecasting tools. It's to visualize the data and we can understand the situations better.
Well, for OBIEE, we are not supposed to export large amount of data but sometimes people do just that.
As for OTBI, it's part of Oracle fusion cloud stuff. It's similar to OBIEE I suppose.