Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

Question Web Hosting Services

I've bounced around a lot in my time, jumping from a few shared hosts, to a dedicated server with a formerly big name host that's gone bust since, to a few smaller hosts and now I'm with probably the best host I've ever been with, Big Scoots. I use their VPS services and they are just phenomenal! Quick response times on tickets, flexible with their services and totally willing to talk through just about any problem or situation you can think of. No issues with the network dropping on me randomly, either!

I have done the same thing when i got into hosting around 2004 ish, many of them the support just sucked so about four years ago i went with knownhost and been there since.
Best support i have ever had, my tickets are answered within minutes when i do need something.

I have done the same thing when i got into hosting around 2004 ish, many of them the support just sucked so about four years ago i went with knownhost and been there since.
Best support i have ever had, my tickets are answered within minutes when i do need something.
I have heard a lot of great things about knownhost, so it's good to hear from someone who uses them that it's actually true. I'm pretty sold on BigScoots right now, but if ever there comes a time when I'm on the hunt again, I'll definitely give them a look! Likewise, if you ever find yourself needing a different host, I'd strongly suggest giving BigScoots a look, I really love what they have to offer and their support is better than anything I've experienced elsewhere.

Those smaller hosts, they try hard to be something legitimate, but they just can't handle it. Whether they turn out to be resellers or someone who just got in over their head and can't handle the business they're getting, they all end up falling apart and it's a nightmare scenario because you've got to get them to ensure you can grab a backup of everything and then move away from them to keep yourself safe from the inevitable collapse. It's such a harsh industry, it really is. Glad I stopped using them altogether!

Like i said i have not had one issue with them in four years heck they even have discord now so you can jump on and chat with the tech's but I'm glad you found one that gives the same kind of service as its very hard to find now.

I will jump over there and have a look

Just had a look there wow you don't get much space on their VPS racks for the price.
I have to say their prices are really high.

Have a look here and compare

Just had a look there wow you don't get much space on their VPS racks for the price.
I have to say their prices are really high.
Yeah, I just took a peek at their VPS offerings, as well, my price hasn't changed in a good while, but it looks like their prices for new customers have indeed gone up. That's a real shame, because I truly value their support and services, but those prices don't seem competitive in today's market now. Hadn't realized just how much they'd gone up. I'm comparing to what I have and what knownhost offers and knownhost just now is right in line with where prices should be. Definitely a better deal than BigScoots at the moment.

That'll teach me to run my mouth without making sure their prices hadn't gone up first!

Currently I'm using Namesilo's hosting because it's cheap and has what I need. My sites are not high-traffic or big, so I don't need much.

I have my own Webhosting services and web design service I use at SUWP.com. If I had to chose a good hosting provided is Siteground.com however they're a little bit pricy.

I'm a little bit far removed from the technical side of things hence why my community is with Proboards. It's nice to know that I can probably rely on you guys should I ever decide to venture off and seek out a hosted site in the future!

Sign Up

Register now
Existing user? Sign In

If you have an account, please log in