Watching old Western movies too nostalgic!

    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #1
I have just watched "The Fastest Gun Alive". This movie was first shown when I was 5 years old. I never thought that I could watch this film in this present time for it's almost 64 years in the making of the movie sometime in 1956.

The story was about George (played by Glenn Ford), the son of a fastest gunslinger sheriff, who drifted to a peaceful place where nobody knows his life story except his wife. He established his own business of general store.

He's belittled by the town folks as ordinary clerk in the store. His pride popped up when the people talk about theoutlaw who gunned down the "fastest gun alive." He got his hidden gun and demonstrated his gun slinging skill, claiming that he's faster than any fast-drawing man. The people were astonished.

Vinnie (played by Broderick Crawford), one of the bank robbers challenged George to a gun draw. They both drew their guns. Then the town people burried them near each other.

But there's a twist at the end of the movie. George has his own tombstone but he's alive to remain his true life unknown for he wants to live a peaceful life. And the people kept it as a secret.
The fastest gun alive   the movie

apathy

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Ive not heard of this but I'll have to add it to the list. I like Westerns myself even if I didnt see them growing up. I personally prefer more modern ones however as theyre much grittier & unruly compared to the older ones. That said most of Leone's work are still brilliant even today.

    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #3
Ive not heard of this but I'll have to add it to the list. I like Westerns myself even if I didnt see them growing up. I personally prefer more modern ones however as theyre much grittier & unruly compared to the older ones. That said most of Leone's work are still brilliant even today.
Well, it is your privilege what kind of movies do you want to watch. It's okay if you like the modern movies than the old ones. If you compare them, they have the same qualities as you mentioned it as however as grittier and unruly for it depends on the kind of the films.

By the way, who is Leone whom you said most of his works are still brilliant even today? Sorry, I'm not familiar with that fellow.

For the sake of a variety of entertainment, you may watch Western movies for free. There are so many in the YouTube. They usually have a running time of more than an hour.

I have watched a handful of western movies, however, I am not a fan of western movies. Therefore, I don't even remember the names of the movies that I watched. When we talk about western movies, we should not miss Clint Eastwood. However, I believe Clint Eastood is better in other genres compared to western movies.

I like old Western movies, the kind of ones in which Clint Eastwood, John Wayne etc. starred in. I remember 100 Rifles, really really movies such as The Good The Bad The Ugly, For a Few More Dollars etc. It is a genre that was remarkable for the stark desert backdrops, deep canyons, fast action on horseback and the macho, tobacco chewing cowboys! Really love those though I haven't seen them for a while now!