Wasteful Forms of Traffic

    Thread Owner : Jayson
  • #1
Honestly, I wouldn't use them for your site. In fact, you get what you pay for, and this is the worst!

Well, some of these methods include: expired domain traffic, pop-under traffic, pop-up traffic (pretty much dead cause of pop-up blockers), traffic from people "paid to visit your site". Anyone know more?

Why is this bad? Well, intention means a lot. Why does the visitor go to the place where he/she will run into your site? They're simply not coming to visit your site - or at least, it's being done as a weird surprise.

The Advantages?

There doesn't seem to be any. Well, the price is often very low, in fact, too good to be true. This would scam many people in.

The worst traffic is actually traffic from traffic exchange. There are a lot of traffic exchange sites that an get you tons of traffic. However, the traffic is just a number, the visitors do not interact on your site, your bounce rate will be very high, and there is zero conversion.

One major newspaper here is pushing on the throat of the readers their ads. Aside from the regular pop-ups there's also the big pop-up that would cover the entire web page. It is annoying that I seldom read that newspaper even if it is the largest in our country. Their advertising method is undesirable.