Washing your hands frequently!

    Thread Owner : nangk08
  • #1

Nowadays, it is recommended to sanitise your hands frequently to prevent infection. I always carry a bottle of sanitiser with me when I go out for grocery shopping. Yet when I come back, I make it a point to thoroughly wash my hands with soap even though I have used the sanitiser so many times.

It's already a way of living among our students in the elementary school. They're taught to wash their before they eat their snacks during recess time and also after eating before they enter to their respective classrooms.

As a school principal, we have a washing stand for every student. It's well supplied with clean water from the faucet and there's a ready hand soap for them to use whenever they want to wash their hands.

They practice it too in their respective homes. Cleanliness becomes their practice. It's a habit so to speak. We never expect that Covid may come.

For your information, washing day is observed internationally. Are you not aware of it?

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08
    Thread Owner : nangk08
  • #3

Washing hands between classes, before recess etc. is a practice followed in schools here too. It is a basic habit which the schools are trying to inculcate among school children. However, what I wanted to say was whether people rely more on washing hands with soap or just using sanitiser on hands is enough for them nowadays. I should have specified that properly, I realise now. :-)

  • Like
Reactions:Nocturnal Thinker

Sweerie_banana

In my country schools haven't opened. Children are still at home sadly. I think teaching them to wash their hands often is such a noble thing as practice makes perfect. We should all wash our hands not children only. Using a sanitizer is easier than washing your hands all the time. I hope they really impliment these ideas when schools open.

Washing hands between classes, before recess etc. is a practice followed in schools here too. It is a basic habit which the schools are trying to inculcate among school children. However, what I wanted to say was whether people rely more on washing hands with soap or just using sanitiser on hands is enough for them nowadays. I should have specified that properly, I realise now. :-)
Well this will be well understood if we differentiate cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing as far as germs are concerned.

By using soap (or detergent) and water, the germs are physically removed from surfaces and their numbers and the risk of spreading infection are reduced due to cleaning.

By using chemicals, the surfaces or objects are disinfected with germs and the risk of spreading infection are diminished.

By either cleaning or disinfecting surfaces or objects, the number of germs and the risk of spreading infection are lowered and it brings down to safe level. This is sanitizing as required by the health agency.

So people nowadays are just contented with washing their hands to clean them and disinfect them by using rubbing alcohol or sanitizer. So do the students too.

Washing the hands is part of our family's culture. When I am cooking in the kitchen I would be washing my hands more than 10 times just to make sure that the food is handled with my clean hands. Regarding the virus, I take a bath when I come home from the outside although I wear a face mask and faces shield as well aside from keeping my distance from people. Children here are taught early on the sanitation and hygiene.