Walking vs jogging!

    Thread Owner : nangk08
  • #1
I find that brisk walking works for me really well so I don't jog in particular. But I have heard people say that jogging is better and walking does not really work. What is your experience? Which one do you prefer?

I also go for brisk walking because jogging has a pressure on the knees and the ankles. In my old age I do not want to have problems with my joints. An abused knee can require a replacement of the kneecap. That would be a disaster just because I did jogging every day. By the way, I do brisk walking in the morning for 1 kilometer when I go to the market.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08

When Corona hit I joined this group that jogs in the morning. A week later I had quit. My body could not take it anymore. I wish I had the resilience to push though because it felt really good to do it with these guys. Now I just walk. At least that doesn't take a toll on me.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08

    Thread Owner : nangk08
  • #5
I think jogging is not for everyone, at least for those who have never jogged before. Walking is better, it improves stamina and resilience gradually and also is easy on our knees. Also when you are walking, you can easily enjoy the nature around you.

  • Like
Reactions:Hova
ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

I prefer walking myself. If I want a good cardio workout, I'll just walk faster :-)

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08
LEADTECH

LEADTECH

I'm always prefer walking rather than jogging.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08

There is this guy who is like in his 50s or something and still jogs every morning. I started seeing him when I was in high school and he hasn't stopped since.

  • Like
Reactions:ZandraJoi

I prefer walking than jogging though jogging is fast in burning calories for I couldn't running for 3 to 5 kilometers a day. While walking I could manage it with ease and I could even walk more kilometers.

I have an impressive records on walking which I started last February and until now. As of this writing I have already walked 5.13 kilometers for 74 minutes.

In spite of the morning rains, I did it by carrying an umbrella. I just walked along the sidewalk in going to the college back and forth.

Walking is now my daily routine exercise and it becomes my way of life as a senior citizen.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08

I prefer walking than jogging though jogging is fast in burning calories for I couldn't running for 3 to 5 kilometers a day. While walking I could manage it with ease and I could even walk more kilometers.

I have an impressive records on walking which I started last February and until now. As of this writing I have already walked 5.13 kilometers for 74 minutes.

In spite of the morning rains, I did it by carrying an umbrella. I just walked along the sidewalk in going to the college back and forth.

Walking is now my daily routine exercise and it becomes my way of life as a senior citizen.
Wow! That is indeed impressive and laudable. Walking for more than 5 kilometres in 74 minutes is something not everyone is used to! Keep it up. I walk for 40 minutes and cover about 4 km, but never when it is raining! :p