Walking vs jogging!

I also go for brisk walking because jogging has a pressure on the knees and the ankles. In my old age I do not want to have problems with my joints. An abused knee can require a replacement of the kneecap. That would be a disaster just because I did jogging every day. By the way, I do brisk walking in the morning for 1 kilometer when I go to the market.

When Corona hit I joined this group that jogs in the morning. A week later I had quit. My body could not take it anymore. I wish I had the resilience to push though because it felt really good to do it with these guys. Now I just walk. At least that doesn't take a toll on me.

I think jogging is not for everyone, at least for those who have never jogged before. Walking is better, it improves stamina and resilience gradually and also is easy on our knees. Also when you are walking, you can easily enjoy the nature around you.

I prefer walking than jogging though jogging is fast in burning calories for I couldn't running for 3 to 5 kilometers a day. While walking I could manage it with ease and I could even walk more kilometers.

I have an impressive records on walking which I started last February and until now. As of this writing I have already walked 5.13 kilometers for 74 minutes.

In spite of the morning rains, I did it by carrying an umbrella. I just walked along the sidewalk in going to the college back and forth.

Walking is now my daily routine exercise and it becomes my way of life as a senior citizen.

I prefer walking than jogging though jogging is fast in burning calories for I couldn't running for 3 to 5 kilometers a day. While walking I could manage it with ease and I could even walk more kilometers.

I have an impressive records on walking which I started last February and until now. As of this writing I have already walked 5.13 kilometers for 74 minutes.

In spite of the morning rains, I did it by carrying an umbrella. I just walked along the sidewalk in going to the college back and forth.

Walking is now my daily routine exercise and it becomes my way of life as a senior citizen.
Wow! That is indeed impressive and laudable. Walking for more than 5 kilometres in 74 minutes is something not everyone is used to! Keep it up. I walk for 40 minutes and cover about 4 km, but never when it is raining! :p

Back
Top