Virtual Real estate - next big thing?

Welcome to our friendly community.

Be part of something great, join in and banter along with us today!

Altair

www.network.justageek.me
Virtual real estate as an investment?
Recently I downloaded an app called multiverse for VR. Not a fan of these type of apps. Socializing in VR is not my thing but was curious. This guy was showing all the property he bought and said he has spent 1,000 dollars buying it. I had never heard of that until then.
I thought it was crazy. Buying virtual real estate? However, after thinking about if for a couple days I no longer thought it was crazy. The idea is crazy within itself buying virtual land. However,I feel like it's the next big thing and will make people substantial money in the future.

Investors Snap Up Metaverse Real Estate in a Virtual Land Boom​

The metaverse comprises multiple digital realms. Each is like a 3-D virtual city where avatars live, work and play. Anyone who has been exposed to popular video games like Fortnite, Animal Crossing and the Roblox universe has had a taste of what these realms look like. In each, elements including virtual reality, streaming video, mobile gaming, avatars and artificial intelligence are combined into immersive digital experiences.

But real estate investing in the metaverse still is highly speculative, and no one knows for sure whether this boom is the next big thing or the next big bubble.
An interesting article.
-
Have you guys heard of this? What do you think?

Sharon

Texas
serened.proboards.com
@Altair This topic is giving me vibes from Gamer (2009 action film starring Gerard Butler). It's like The Sims on another level it's starting to sound like! I've never heard of this before it's interesting for sure. I will take a look at the article.

Ash

Thought this was going to be about virtual viewings of houses. I just can't see why the hell people are wasting money on virtual things but I guess they can do what they want.